VMware Principal Consultant/Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Consultant to join our client’s dynamic and rapidly expanding Workplace Practice within their Consultancy Practice.
Our client is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and Public Sector organisations to source, transform and manage their technology infrastructure, to deliver digital transformation. In the current difficult market our client’s financial results have been strong, they are in growth mode and 2021 is set to be a year of continued progress for them. They are a people-centric company and invest in their people through continued training and certification. The culture is a ‘can do’ one and provides great opportunity for career progression.
The Principal Consultant will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery/implementation engagements as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements.
As a senior team member, the Principal Consultant has responsibility for providing technical leadership to the team and providing guidance to internal and external customers in defining complex technical strategies with leading edge technologies.
The role is customer facing and will require proven experience and knowledge in designing and implementing workplace technologies in both the private and public sector throughout the UK.
As the UK market leader, with over 55% of Windows enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows migration partner globally, there are extensive development and training opportunities to aid career progression.
• Lead the technical elements of pre-sales responses
• Host customer opportunity / strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial and business perspective
• Provide technical governance of in-flight projects
• Complete technical designs
• Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
• Technically manage the design and implementation of large-scale solutions
• Highlight all technical risks so that any exposure to commercial loss can be minimised
• Keep up to date with current and future market developments, technologies, product and strategies
• Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
• Mentor other consultants
The Ideal Candidate
• Practical experience of using a consultancy framework / methodology
• Extensive experience of presales, RFP responses and determining customer requirements
• Ability to provide input into bid, project and technical documents
• Presentation experience
• Detailed product knowledge of the following technologies;
o Modern management technologies – Microsoft Endpoint Manager, VMware Workspace ONE and Jamf Pro
o Desktop deployment experience – enterprise deployments of Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 ESU / Apple macOS and iOS devices desirable
o Desktop configuration experience (ADK, MDT, creation of Task Sequences,) – Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 ESU
o Desktop productivity suite configuration and deployment knowledge – Office 365 ProPlus, and Office 2016
o Desktop security products knowledge – BitLocker or relevant disk encryption software / Security Compliance Manager (SCM) / security baselines for the client platform
o Directory Services – creation of group policy objects for desktop operating systems
o Scripting – PowerShell / VBScript
o Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP) – App-V / MBAM
o Microsoft Professional Qualifications – additional accreditations with other vendors desirable
• Microsoft Active Directory / Azure Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
• MS Security Products – Windows Defender and Defender ATP
• 1E – Windows Servicing Suite, Nomad
• Desktop virtualisation – Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, VMware Horizon and Horizon AppsOneDrive for Business
• MS Exchange / Microsoft Teams
• Ivanti – Application Manager and Environment Manager