UC Engineer, Remote and Glasgow
UCaaS Engineer, leading telecoms company. Remote working & Glasgow.
UCaaS Engineer will develop and maintain real time voice, video and messaging applications to enhance the business offering.
This can be as diverse as developing and integrating a new product specific Application for our UCaaS portfolio or delivering a new backend core network application that is business and/or product wide.
• Design technical solutions based on architectural, engineering and operational initiatives.
• Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle; feasibility & scope, proof of concept, formulating designs, implementation and documentation.
• Must be a self-starter, proactive, highly organized, and capable of working well with individuals at all levels in the organization.
Skills & experience required:
• Deploying and developing software defined Telecoms Stacks such as: FreeSWITCH, Kamalio and Janus.
• Experience with multi tenanted platforms such as: Contact Centre, Hosted PBX and Collaboration & Conferencing Solutions.
• In depth knowledge of WebRTC and associated protocol stacks.
• You are a VoIP expert with experience in all key areas.
• Experience working with APIs and are proficient in using them to integrate application software.
• Automation experience, utilising modern DevOps tools where necessary.
• Experience working with Linux operating systems such as Debian, Ubuntu, Centos or Red Hat.
• Ideally you will have experience with virtualisation and containerisations technology such as: OpenStack, VMWare, KVM, Kubernetes and Docker.
• You will be familiar with or have experience working with agile software development principles and practices.
• Ideally you will you hold a degree in a Telecommunications or related technical discipline.
• You will be an excellent team player with a proactive mindset, with a passion for working together as a team to achieve goals.
• You will thrive in an environment where you are trusted to be work smart and work hard without micromanagement.
Type of role: Permanent.
Salary: Circa 65k + bonus + corporate benefits.
Benefits: Pension scheme, life assurance, income protection, childcare vouchers and paid paternity leave, enhanced maternity / adoption payment and return to work bonus, numerous online discounts, eye care vouchers and Ride2Work scheme.
Contact: Richard Thomas: 0208 1483769 or [email protected]