SQL Server Consultant
Our client is looking for an SQL Server Consultant to join their data team. You will need strong SQL Server skills to undertake database migration projects and database support. The Consultancy team is dynamic and focussed on ensuring projects are delivered on time. You will be involved in change initiatives critical to general insurance and life, pensions & investments business.
You will help commission environments ensuring suitability for the newer version of SQL Server, whilst also implementing best practices in each of the environments being migrated. You will be hands on and familiar working in an agile environment, delivering projects and growing the team’s technical capabilities. You will contribute to the overall technical direction of the team in combination with your effective leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills.
Our client is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and Public Sector organisations to source, transform and manage their technology infrastructure, to deliver digital transformation. In the current difficult market our client’s financial results have been strong, they are in growth mode and 2021 is proving to be a year of continued progress for them. They are a people-centric company and invest in their people through continued training and certification. The culture is a ‘can do’ one and provides great opportunity for career progression.
● Responsible for the delivery and support of database migration projects.
● Act as a review gate for all SQL Server deployments, ensuring standards set by the team are met.
● Provide proactive leadership in technical matters, drawing upon own expert knowledge of SQL Server and associated technologies.
● Implement and update existing T-SQL scripts that would enable the team to carry out repeated tasks efficiently, and help to troubleshoot database issues.
● Collaborate with internal teams to produce and review database design and architecture.
● Develop documentation of any existing and new processes, as required by the business.
● Manage and minimize operational risk whilst effectively working to maintain and optimize business results.
● Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures, guidelines and reporting requirements as well as any relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
● Database administration experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to 2016 (including administration, maintenance, programming, upgrades, installations).
● Experience in performance troubleshooting in SQL Server and Windows environments.
● Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience of SQL Server and T-SQL.
● Administering and maintaining security groups within Windows and SQL Server.
● Assisting internal teams with SQL Server environmental problems (performance, security, capacity issues etc).
● Experience of high-availability e.g. Windows Server Failover Clusters.
● Experience in a dynamic, highly available mission critical production environment.
● Familiarity in applying agile methods.
● Knowledge of SQL Server monitoring and management tools such as Quest Spotlight and Foglight.
Posted date :
Up to £65,000