SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER: Windows/VMWare/Active Directory-FRANKFURT based
We are recruiting for a bi-lingual (German & English) Senior Systems Engineer with core technical skills in Windows, ESX VMware and Active Directory, for a Global FinTech company to work in a global networks team to support circa 150 financial services companies. The company is in growth phase and has made a number of recent acquisitions.
This role will be responsible for the technology service delivery for an international business unit, supporting the Data Control product lines. The role will be part of a team leading a significant program of work and ongoing service to both external and internal clients in a fast paced, multi-client, multi-product, financial services environment with both insourced and outsourced IT services.
The role will work closely with the IT and Business teams, delivering results for the company, while improving the ease of doing business for the organization’s internal clients by improvements to IT infrastructure and processes.
• Windows operating systems and ESX VMWare
• Windows Active Directory
• Knowledge of system platforms (virtualization, storage, IBM WebSphere MQ, Microsoft SQL, file transfer protocols, encryption, certificates, Proxy, Fortigate firewalls)
• Relevant experience, including data center and network operations, storage, telecommunications and 24x7 operations
Nice To Have
• Knowledge on any of following technologies: IBM Websphere, JBOSS, Apache, SAN storage, IBM, BladeLogic, and Oracle
• Knowledge of operating within a SWIFT Service Bureau infrastructure
• Network knowledge (LAN, WLAN, routing, switching, firewalls, VPN, etc.)
Responsibilities and requirements
• Administration & Maintenance of the Windows and VMWare System infrastructure within a SWIFT Service Bureau environment governed by many strict controls
• Oversight and in-depth knowledge of High Availability, Disaster recovery, diagnostics & forensics, troubleshooting, vulnerability management, patching, incident management, problem management, change management in a technology role
• Ability to engage internal and external 3rd Party/Vendors for support
• Act as an escalation point for technical issues within the Technology Services team. Ability to lead performance troubleshooting and capacity planning efforts
• Work with system hardware vendors for ongoing support issues, release schedules, and fix packs and general system administration issues
• Technical understanding of OS, Network, Storage and Databases in large datacenter environments including firewall, anti-virus, proxy, file transfer, and other enterprise-wide software
• Administration and Monitoring of the IT infrastructure including backup solutions (BackupExec, Veeam)
• Support of new client project related requests working closely with Project Managers, Product Management, and Pre-Sales teams
• Develop best practices and operating procedures to support sustained operational efficiency
• Participation in on-call readiness (24/7) as well as bank holidays
• Ability to align with and directly service, internal business units, and external clients
• Ability to directly interact with business unit executives and project management to communicate operational status, key project status, and business value of services produced
• Manage the service to external clients against a pre-defined responsibility matrix
• Creatively and independently provide resolution to technical problems in a cost-effective manner
• Ability to manage costs and programs to budgets developed in conjunction with senior leadership.
• Ability to innovate and constantly improve efficiencies and reduce incidents
• Track record of success in a matrix organization.
• Ensure SLA and operational effectiveness are achieved on a daily basis for products managed by third-party data center provider and internal support teams leveraging resources and leadership within these organizations assigned to support these products
• Pro-actively address issues to avoid any problems reoccurring without creating undue layers of process or complexity
• Maintain a strong IT control environment, responsive to the risks across all aspects of technology
• Drive IT compliance and controls to meet internal and external audit requirements
• Work with the IT teams to ensure the needs of infrastructure are prioritized and aligned with both enterprise and business plans
• Maintain alignment with the business technology architecture and overall strategic goals and objectives
Disaster Recovery and BCP
• Contribute as required to the design and execution of the enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
• Plan and execute DR test events to meet internal and external obligations
Posted date :
Up to €90,000