Senior Sales Manager - UK and Europe
We are looking for a Senior Sales Executive for our client, a leading consultancy and software provider for the energy and chemical industry.. The role will be based out of their UK offices in Surrey and can be fully remote or hybrid. There will be a need for domestic and international travel when possible.
Our client has over 40 years’ experience in their business and have evolved into a leading digital transformation company. Their digital transformation solutions comprise leading software, expert services and best practices, powered by the Cloud. This role will focus on the cloud and Energy and Chemical industry companies around the world rely on our client, as the custodian of their real-time data assets. Since 2000, they have been pioneering cloud services for the industry, providing real-time data to enhance and develop collaborative 21st century business models. They offer DaaS (Data-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) and Operational Excellence-as-a-Service.
This is a wide ranging role and you will be responsible for developing and expanding our client’s Digital Business Line sales and increasing market share throughout Europe.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To quickly develop and keep an up to date understanding of our client’s Digital Business line portfolio of solutions. Europe is a relatively new market for our client and you will be instrumental in introducing companies to our client’s offerings.
- Manage the corporate customer relationship for identified customers, promoting the Digital Business line offerings to maximize revenue potential, and where appropriate integrated company wide solutions.
- To perform the Account Manager role for specific Clients, when so directed:
Coordinating all client business development activities
Maintaining an updated client account plan
To proactively contribute to the overall business development process in the Digital Business Line, in terms of:
Setting client sales strategy
Meeting and presenting to Clients and interpreting their business needs
- Responding to enquiries, determining bid strategy, and assisting in the preparation of pre-qualification/technical/commercial proposals in an agreed time frame, in cooperation with the practice areas
- Developing commercial terms based on input from the practices and reviewing with Global Business Line leader before issue
- To lead or support contract negotiations with clients, managing the agreement preparation as necessary
- Manage the sales to business development handover to the DX operations
- Monitor the industry generally, and specifically with respect to DX Clients and competition in the region
- Responsible for the production of high quality accurate documentation, proposals, records and sales forecasts
- Accurately maintaining sales CRM with realistic estimates of sales award dates
- Monitor other opportunities for broader company wide solutions and tools and report these back to the respective business lines, and assist as required in their business development
- Co-ordinate with and support other salespeople, representatives and agents world-wide, as required
- Attend external and in-house seminars, conferences etc., and present papers as required
- Degree in industry related discipline or equivalent
- Industry experience in a commercial role, preferably within a process/heavy industries setting and at least 10 years in sales, most recently in a leadership position. Need to understand technical sales, but don’t need to be a technical specialist
- Experience of working in a client facing role and proactively managing client relationships.
- Ability to develop and successfully manage multi-level client relationships to maximize a sustainable revenue stream for the Digital business line
- Active contribution towards development of new leads, opportunities and sales. We are looking for someone with a structured approach to selling into a new sector and someone who is a true hunter.
- Able to think strategically and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to work as a team player and work collaboratively within the business development team and with other teams in the business
- Practiced negotiating and closing skills for commercial activities
- Experience of working in an international context
- Excellent influencing skills
- Flexible with the ability to prioritize and reprioritize due to conflicting demands
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Professional attitude and projection of professional company image