Senior Network Engineer, London UK and flexible working with some travel
Senior Network Engineer, London UK and flexible working with some travel
Senior Network Engineer required to work for our client, a global Fintech market leader.
You will have a strong and demonstrable networking background in a corporate environment working with technologies such as BGP, Switching, Firewalls (Palo Alto/Fortigate/Juniper) and Load Balancing (F5) with relevant hands-on experience in designing and building resilient modern networks and technology infrastructure. Any SDWAN, ACI and Cloud architectures experience would be useful but not essential and this a good role for someone who wants to develop their technical skills in these areas.
This is a ‘hands on’ technical role encompassing operational support and project work. The successful candidate will provide technical guidance and support, as well as collaborate with cross-functional teams, vendor partners, business partners and Clients to ensure our networks adhere to and align with long-term vision and Cloud strategy. There is an opportunity for career progression into a technical leadership role.
You will develop and enforce global standards, policies, and procedures for client and company network infrastructure deployment and management within the frameworks of security best-practices and PCI DSS Compliance. This role will also assist and direct the resolution of complex technical problems and provide timely and accurate root-cause analysist with actionable remediation plan.
You will work closely with outsource partners to create new and drive on-going client network projects. Vendor management and effective communication skills will be critical to the success of this role and ensure we maintain the integrity of the services we are delivering through successful completion of the projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Responsible for the design, documentation, implementation and management of enterprise, production and client network infrastructure solutions based on specific project needs and global strategy. These solutions must be resilient, secure, highly available and scalable to evolving technology/architecture.
• Lead architectural and technical decisions, providing technical direction, coordination, service integration and management for business units and/or internal departmental projects.
• Lead and guide other network engineers and operation support individuals from various organizations and disciplines to determine the best comprehensive design, while supporting current and long-term needs of the infrastructure, business partners and related stakeholders.
• Produce professional diagrams and documentation for networks and operational best practices, standards, policies and procedures, using Visio and other productivity toolset.
• Manage or assist in the resolution of complex technical problems, while providing appropriate communications to all involved business partners and related stakeholders.
• Develop and maintain effective working relations with IT, business partners, vendors, internal staff and other key associates.
• Perform research and development to ensure an innovative and consistent experience across the infrastructure estate.
• As part of Management by Objectives (MBO), fully understand and adhere to departmental and corporate processes and procedures, including Change Management, Incident Management, and Problem Management.,
• Experience designing, configuring and implementing corporate networks, key technology experience in BGP, Switching, Firewalls (Palo Alto, Fortigate, Juniper) and F5 Loadbalancers.
• Experience working with internal and external audit teams.
• Ability to Blueprint, design and build an entire IaaS Application supporting Data Center based on existing relocation or from NET new requirements.
• Expert knowledge in configuring and implementing Layer 4 and Layer 7 Firewalls and Application Load Balancers.
• Demonstrated experience in an enterprise level Network engineering role; which includes network administration experience with Cisco IOS and/or NX-OS in an enterprise environment.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
• Bachelors degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Networking, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
• Any of the following certifications: Cisco CCDA/CCDP, Cisco CCNA/CCNP Routing and Switching, Cisco CCNA/CCNP Security, Cisco CCNA/CCNP SP, or other network certifications by industry recognized organizations.
• Cisco ACI, and APIC (SDN)
• Previous experience working in Financial Services industry.
• Cisco router and switches; ASR, ISR, CSR, 9k/5k/3k/2k, etc.
• Cisco Firepower and ASA firewall and VPN Gateway
• BGP, and OSPF
• MPLS, QoS, Policy-base routing
• IPv4 and IPv6, PATS/NAT gateway
• Support of Unified Communication (SIP), and Multi-cast infrastructure
• Checkpoint firewall, Palo Alto network and firewall, Fortinet firewall
• IPS/IDS, DDoS
• F5 and NetScaler
• Proxy services
• Spectrum, HPOV, MoM
• Infoblox (IPAM)
• TACACS, ISE, CA PAM, AppGate
• Multi-factor Authentication (Symantec VIP, DUO)
• BBNA and other automation toolset.
• Packet level analysis using Sniffer (NIKSUN, Wireshark, tcpdump, Netflow, StealthWatch, and etc)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to correctly visualize and implement virtual designs and concepts, in order to define project objectives. Capable of understanding requirements and developing comprehensive solutions incorporating technology, administration and business processes.
• Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and supporting on premise, off-premise and hybrid network infrastructure solutions.
• Demonstrated experience in LAN/WAN, MPLS, QoS, multicast and core networking discipline, including advance routing protocols, BGP and OSPF.
• Demonstrated experience in IP converged networks.
• Multi-vendor knowledge, including Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, Arista, Checkpoint, Fortinet, and etc
• Good understanding of Financial Services environment, the computing operations within, and how business structure is affected by changes in a 24x7 operational environment.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of software.
• Ability to work on a team or independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines. Knows how to escalate appropriately, efficiently, and effectively.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills; able to manage a complex project independently, while functioning effectively under time constraints, established deadlines and within budget.
• Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding and constantly changing environment, while being able to set priorities and balance multiple deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present information in clear, concise terms to all position levels in the organization, as well as business partners, vendors and technical staff.
• Excellent customer service skills, including interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays, and be available for travel.
• Regular scheduled hours: workdays Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
• On-call support: Must be available to provide on-call support on rotation basis.
• Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
Type of Job: Permanent
Salary: To Salary – max £105k + Bonus – up to 10% + corporate benefits package
Location: UK, London and flexible working with some international travel
Contact: Loubna Hussain - [email protected] and +44 20 8148 3798