Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer/Consultant required for our client a financial technology company. Key technical skills: Terraform, AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Chef, Python & Shell Scripting. You will be responsible for maintaining, improving and modernising their development infrastructure and automating their release and QA processes.
The role will involve working closely with various teams within the organisation to understand each team’s requirements and implementing solutions that meet the business needs.
• Manage our client’s CI / CD environment. Improve and modernise the automation and tooling.
• Work on integration projects for multiple critical systems on cloud (AWS) and on premise
• Take a proactive approach to technical innovation. Investigate new technologies as appropriate and suggest these for introduction to the business
• Review and implement software tools where applicable to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost
• Work in a collaborative work environment, actively communicating with peers including wider DevOps teams
• Build a knowledge base and training / mentor other associates
• Support the current development, QA and release environments. Mostly Linux based servers running Java, Kafka and PostgreSQL.
• Hands on experience with standard methodologies in DevOps, Secured Application Development, and Container based Deployment
• Thorough understanding of software engineering practices (Scripting/Automations) with ability to code and script
• Must have strong interpersonal skills
• Must have expertise in cloud-infrastructure provisioning, deployment, and delivery
• Familiarity with a wide variety of opensource technologies and tools
• Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
• Strong understanding of different automation tools
• Someone who loves to troubleshoot software deployment related issues and analyse performance and operational metrics against service level objectives
• Real-world experience of deploying and managing applications in AWS
• Experience in: Terraform, AWS, GitLab, Jenkins, Chef, Python & Shell Scripting