Senior Data Engineer
The Consultancy division of FT Select is recruiting for a Consultant/Contractor, a Senior Data Engineer to work with one of our financial services clients.
The Senior Data Engineer will support the Cyber Security Team by consolidating data from various cyber security capabilities in order to turn these into meaningful insights. The role will require periodic reporting of key cyber metrics across all capabilities provided by Cyber Security. It will also require the investigation of potential synergies across Business Units or functions and recommendation of process, product or service improvements. Another key aspect of the role will be to develop innovative concepts, services, technologies or products to address current and future requirements.
One of the key KPI’s will be the timely reporting of key cyber security metrics.
• Facilitate cyber risk reporting requirements with key stakeholders across client’s organisation
• Uses data mining to extract information from Cyber Security platforms and other data sets
• Analyse data to identify trends and provide internal stakeholders with valuable insights they can use to improve operational and businesses practices.
• Evaluate existing reports and implements continuous feedback loop and assurance processes to improve data integrity and quality
• Use tools and techniques to visualise data in easy-to-understand formats, such as diagrams and graphs
• Work with risk and control owners to define Key Risk Indicators in line with thresholds set by Management
• Compile and produce periodic reporting requirements across cyber using pre-defined data sources
• Gather key reporting requirements from Business Information Security Officers and produce metrics relevant to specific division and entities
• Perform statistical analysis to predict trend in cyber security data
• Consult with data owners and external subject matter experts to determine next set of analytics that require automation, and identify tools for an automated analytics platform
• Continuously mine data for patterns, relationships, issues and consistency on a regular basis
• Builds relationships and partners with client’s stakeholders to understand requests, make recommendations and implement solutions
• Provide support and development for data engineers
• Statistical analysis, data science and machine learning techniques.
• Modelling skills, ideally through use of SQL and MS Excel
• R or Python-Statistical Programming
• Developing data reporting and insights to enable management decisions
• Business intelligence & Cyber security data extrapolation
• Understanding of data science and an interest in the discipline
• Degree or Masters qualification in Cyber, Information Security or IT management (desirable)
• Experience with Data Visualisation techniques
• PowerBI, Tableau, or comparable implementation experience
• Reporting and workflow management integration with ServiceNow and SharePoint
• IT and cybersecurity policies and standards
• Risk Management Frameworks
• Management and Operational Reporting
• Regulatory compliance
• Data protection & Privacy
• Financial Services
• Technology & Cyber Security
• 5+ years of experience in Reporting and Data Science
• Recognized as a strong functional expert within the sub-Business Unit or function
Posted date :