Project Manager, Telecoms. Home/flexible working
Project Manager, Telecoms. Diverse projects including Software Development, Network/Architecture Engineering and telecoms.
Project Manager required for leading telecoms company. Key areas: fixed telephony, IP telephony, hosted phone systems, broadband, Ethernet and data connections, mobile services, security and unified communications solutions. Agile and Lean practices: Knowledge of agile frameworks, practices, and methodologies such as AgilePM, Scrum, Kanban, Lean and when and where to apply them. Experience with practicing the principles of transparency and how to ensure work is understood externally.
Candidates will need to have a servant leadership approach with strong emotional intelligence and demonstrable project governance experience and knowledge.
This is a high-profile role which will involve working with the senior leadership team to agree the content of the programme, the cross functional priorities within it, and manage delivery against expectations. A key aspect of this role is to communicate the state of the programme accurately and concisely to stakeholders, including project delivery scope, delivery dates and status.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years project management experience, with proven experience of delivering projects on time and on budget. This will be complemented with a strong background in the telecoms sector or similar industry working with developers and engineers on design, development and delivery projects.
• Coaching teams on best practices and ways of working, and to be an advocate for agile tools and techniques in delivery.
• Create a culture of high standards and continuous learning, support this within and between cross-functional teams working collaboratively on business change outcomes.
• Ensure the business objective(s) and context for change is fully understood, within the teams and across external stakeholders. Ensure there are plans and other artefacts created and maintained to meet the objectives.
• Support effective budget management within the scope of the project. Monitor expenditure against forecast and ensure
• Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends, through ongoing education, conference attendance or other.
• Support the team, Senior Development Team and Programme Manager with business updates on the status of business change.
• Ensure workstreams have clear, single owners for accountability. Support the workstream leaders in understanding their responsibilities and in developing the collaborative skills to achieve desired outcomes successfully.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Collaborative working: a deep understanding of how to support and develop successful cross-functional teams. You have demonstrable experience of helping teams maintain a delivery focus, as well as supporting their continuous improvement, through reflection, feedback loops, motivation.
• Agile and Lean practices: Knowledge of agile frameworks, practices, and methodologies such as AgilePM, Scrum, Kanban, Lean and when and where to apply them. Experience with practicing the principles of transparency and how to ensure work is understood externally.
• Planning: Practical experience of working with teams to help them break down large, complex work packages into sequenced, tangible tasks. You know how to communicate plans and their underlying assumptions to a wide range of stakeholders, from technical to senior management.
• Risk management: You can identify and manage delivery risks consistently and appropriately. You can provide clear and objective updates on their status and know when to escalate. You are experienced with helping a team in solving issues and unblocking progress.
• Outcome oriented: You are experienced in respectfully challenging the status quo wherever it is impacting performance. You can work with and influence teams in all areas of business to create positive, collaborative changes.
• Industry: A bonus would be experience of working with engineering and development teams on UCaaS platform infrastructure and technologies, or other telecoms (mobile, fixed) technologies.
• Practical experience with Microsoft Teams for project collaboration and artefact sharing.
• Setting up projects, boards and managing work at all levels (from team to portfolio) in Cloud Jira.
• Practical experience with setting up and integrating live dashboarding tools.
• Practical experience with creating and setting up calls and teams for collaborative work on virtual whiteboarding tools such as Lucidchart.
• Excel, Powerpoint.
Type of Job: Permanent
Salary: £60,000 to £65,000+ up to 10 % bonus + corporate benefits
Location: Flexible working
Excellent benefits package includes:
• Pension scheme
• Life assurance
• Income protection
• Childcare vouchers and paid paternity leave
• Enhanced maternity / adoption payment and return to work bonus
• Numerous online discounts
• Eye care vouchers
• Ride2Work scheme
Contact: James Thompson: [email protected]