Pre-sales Architect - Data Engineering
A Pre-Sales Architect is required to help drive Data Engineering engagements. with in-depth delivery capability of enterprise Data architectures and platform distribution software, traditional as well as cloud native capabilities across hyper scaler environments.
You will be responsible for driving “Big Data and Analytics” conversations with expertise, articulate data driven messages and opinion that meets our Customers business requirements within their overall IT strategy. The role will also involve staying at the forefront of new technologies, working within a UK practice of 260 consultants.
Technical knowledge and skills required:
- AWS EMR
- Azure HDInsight
- GCP DataProc
- AWS QuickSight
- Microsoft Power BI
- GCP Looker
- AWS Glue
- Azure Data Factory
- GCP Data Fusion
Real time/streaming Analytics
- AWS Kinesis
- Azure Stream Analytics
- Azure Databricks
- GCP Dataflow
GPU based Services
- Nvidia/ Intel
- Work with line of business in relation to the creation and promotion of data focused customer propositions.
- Technical point of contact in pre-sales and design of Data and Analytics solutions on premises and within the cloud.
- Technical ownership of design and delivery of solutions
- Working closely with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure you understand their requirements, and drive solutions to meet their needs.
- Oversee discovery and assessment tasks to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Technical governance for quality of technical deliverables.
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Provide technical assurance as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other service and sales opportunities for our client
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Participate in training and conferences and maintain accreditations
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written skills, writes concise and clear pre-sales and design documentation
- 3+ years’ experience of data & analytics pre-sales and design with a background of delivery and implementation related work around cloud and Data platforms
- In depth knowledge of Cloud analytics IaaS and PaaS offerings across several cloud platforms.
- Comfortable with presenting to internal and external audiences.
- An ability to discuss and define the most appropriate data platform based on customer requirements.
- Design experience in enterprise environments following best practices
- Strong experience in traditional Hadoop ecosystems as well as native cloud capabilities
- Experience in data security and compliance
- Experience in pipeline creation and data curation within an enterprise environment
Type of position: Permanent
Location: Nationwide, UK Suitable if you live in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Birmingham, Staffordshire Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh.
Salary package: Up to £100,000 pa + Car Allowance - £6120
Benefits include: Flexible home based working, 23 days holiday, increasing by 1 day for every year worked (to an additional 25 days), Private Medical Insurance, Health Care Plan, Pension, Personal MOT Health Assessment, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Accounts, Kids Pass, Additional Annual Leave Purchase, Tax Free Childcare and Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Travel Insurance, Gym Membership, Share Save, My Car, My Car Cash, Eye Care Plan and Long Service Awards.