Practice Manager Digital Data and Applications
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a resourceful and experienced Consulting Practice Manager to head the new Digital Data and Application Practice to be set up within our client’s dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice. Your focus will be on growing their market propositions in Professional Services for their customers digital transformation journey specifically in data, information and mobile applications. You will be co-creating their strategy with key business stakeholders and top-tier partners as well as driving thought leadership. You and your team will be supporting pre-sales for customer campaigns, bids, solutions and opportunities, and ultimately helping our client’s customers on their own digital transformation journey.
The Digital Data & Application Practice Manager will grow and manage a new consultancy team that delivers data & application focused Professional Services across a range of target environments. This includes: database technologies; on premise and cloud hosted big data and analytical ecosystems; data warehouse and data cataloguing technologies as well as AI and machine learning services. Alongside the data services the successful candidate will also enable and support the strategy and creation of mobile applications for our clients across a wide range of platforms including Apple, Android and Windows.
Our client’s professional services team is growing and you’ll get to work with some of the most talented and passionate people in the business. There will be the opportunity to apply your knowledge to some of the highest profile projects and customers in the market. You’ll have open access to thought leaders and senior industry players, and you’ll get hands-on with new technology and rapidly advance your skills.
This is an exciting time for our client, and a great time to be joining them on their journey. It is a truly global organisation, delivering services into over 70 countries worldwide, with major offices across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia; a recognised leader in IT services with a unique vendor-neutral, infrastructure-focused perspective on the market. Their revenue has been growing year-on-year and they have significant ambitions over the next three years.
• Collaborate with top-tier industry partners, solution leaders, sales, marketing and technical teams to co-develop interlock plans for competitive and market-relevant data and application service offerings and value propositions.
• Lead and enable a team of trusted advisors, pre-sales and delivery consultants in line with the agreed interlock plan.
• Operational and commercial management of the team to achieve high quality execution of customer engagements, continuous competitiveness and financial deliverables.
• Drive a high-performance culture across the Practice; developing, retaining and attracting the best talent.
• Enable your consultants to understand, define and present maturity models and roadmaps for customer’s Digital transformation journey as well as advising customers on the adoption of agile methods of delivery.
• Drive thought leadership using social media, working with market-analysts and other means of effective communication to raise awareness and profile of your data and application services.
• Working collaboratively on service development and innovation with international colleagues in the USA, Germany and France as well as onshore, nearshore and offshore operational colleagues to establish capability and to ensure a seamless end to end experience for customers.
The Ideal Candidate
You should have experience of having led a large professional service team and the development, delivery and governance of IT services. A demonstrable track record of recent sales success is essential. You should have the ability to develop others through coaching and mentoring and experience of providing commercial and technical assurance. You will excel in presenting to customers at all levels, internal management & account facing teams, and the associated stakeholder management skills and have excellent written and verbal skills.
• A thorough understanding of the application & data services and technology market with the ability to architect solutions including: data and platform migration, development of data ingestion and curation methodologies, data security, compliance and protection solutions, analytics and visualisation, cloud and on premises data infrastructure technologies.
• Practical experience of working with application developers and an understanding of capturing business process automation requirements and user experience expectations to develop mobile application services for our clients across a wide range of platforms including Apple, Android and Windows.
• Extensive experience in IT consultancy, thought leadership and Digital Transformations delivered through a blend of onshore, nearshore and offshore capability.
• Relevant professional accreditations or certifications is highly desirable.
• Demonstrable experience of driving a high-performance culture; developing, retaining and attracting the best talent.
• Proactive approach in building technical and professional relationships with customers, vendors, partners and internal stakeholders.
• Understanding and articulation of industry trends and potential future directions
• Understanding, adopting and enforcement of corporate governance and assurance policies and processes.
• Identification and management of risks in both pre-sales and in-flight projects and programmes.
Posted date :
Up to £120,000 + bonus + benefits