Portfolio Manager, IT Services. UK based.
Portfolio Manager, IT Services. UK based.
We are recruiting for an IT Services Portfolio Manager for our client a specialist IT services company.
Candidates will require a technical IT background and strong commercial experience in project and service management in both a presales and customer delivery capacity; with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering large complex project/programmes managing multiple projects simultaneously.
You will be instrumental in the development and formalisation of service opportunities in non-strategic accounts working closely with account managers (AM) and solutions architects (SA).
Primary responsibilities include:
Growth of the Account(s)
• Based on services booking from previous years, the Portfolio Manager will be goaled on increasing the services- based wallet share of the accounts. This will be based upon 2 metrics:
o Year on year growth of Services margin (%)
o Invoiced Margin within the fiscal year, based on the services portion of overall target revenue of the non-strategic accounts
Strategic Opportunity Development
• Own and develop relationships with specific Customer representatives such as Line of Business (LOB) owners, Programme Owners to understand their requirements for the year based on their approved budgets.
• Utilising this information, coupled with active/inflight delivery, the Portfolio Manager, will formulate a services-based strategy for the account to feed into the Account Manager’s overall strategy, overlaid with technology inputs from the SA.
Run rate Opportunity Development
• The Portfolio Manager will be the point of contact for the Customer’s teams for potential Services opportunities. As the PoC, the Portfolio Manager will be responsible in owning/supporting the following:
o Eliciting and qualifying customer requirements
o Support of Proposal creation
o Scoping of effort and deliverables and proposed pricing
o Creation and negotiation of services contracts
o Working with AM/Customer teams to gain approval of SOW’s
• For the Active opportunities, the Portfolio Manager will also work with:
o Director of PS for Resource forecasting based on Pipeline. Should it be deemed necessary to go out to Market, the Portfolio Manager is expected to work with:-
Head of Engineering to formalize a job specification/skills requirement for any additional Engineering resources and/or
Specialist Technology Partners and/or
• Should an external party by required the Portfolio Manager will work with the Director of PS on the creation and approval of Supplier Commercials aligned to the Customer SOW.
• The Portfolio Manager will be responsible in overseeing all delivery within the account as follows:
o Liaising with all PM’s delivering projects within the account to understand:
Overall Project budget status
o Stakeholder Reporting of all projects
• Regular reporting to the Director of PS of all project’s statuses including risks, escalations, billing forecasting/achieved
• Actively participate in the development and execution of the strategy for the account(s) and for Professional Services as a whole
• Identify and provide ideas for areas of improvement within the PS department
• Mentoring and developing of Junior Project Managers
• Supporting the Director of Professional Services in new initiatives
• Account Team
• Head of Engineering
• Project Managers and Project Engineers
• Service Operations
• Inside Sales External
• Identified strategic customer relationship contacts
• Strategic resourcing/delivery partners
Experience and Core Competencies Required
• Has pre-sales experience and is capable and comfortable working with customer teams (both project and technical) to translate and refine their objectives and requirements into discrete deliverable based projects
• Has the ability to think creatively when challenged with problems that may not fit into the standard delivery methodology.
• Commercial awareness with the ability to create a Services Proposals/Statements of work
• Project Management experience (Prince/PMP Qualified) and should have delivered:
o large complex projects/programmes of work and/or
o managed multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to prioritize time with minimal supervision
• Stakeholder management and reporting
• Escalation management
• Proven ability to develop trusted relationships
• Results driven; does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile
• Extensive and demonstrable leadership skills
• Ability to lead by example and promote the core values of the organization
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
• Understanding of technology solutions and how they are delivered
• Permanent opportunity starting ASAP.
• Salary: £70,000 base salary plus bonus of £20,000 based upon performance, growth and profitability of non-strategic accounts. Company benefits.
• Reference: 00027102021RLT1657
• Contact: Richard Thomas: 0208 1483769 or [email protected]
Posted date :
£70,000 + £20k bonus + bens