NOC Field Engineer
NOC Engineer, home based with travel to customers
We are recruiting for a NOC Field Engineer for a client, a modern communications company with ambitious growth plans who provide a wide variety of network related services
including broadband, leased lines, VPN and QoS.
You will be required to deliver a range of NOC related services to our customers on-site,
typically installation of ethernet networks, router/firewalls, wireless access points, switches & windows desktop servers. You will be implementing these services as well as providing on-going support to customers where remote support from the service desk has been
- Carry out accurate and detailed Network site surveys and handover to the relevant
install coordinator promptly.
- Maintain van stock to ensure availability of
equipment at all times.
- Provide excellent support to customers that have
issues with their broadband, routers, access points or cabling if
- Keep customer equipment records up-to-date.
- Share technical knowledge with colleagues and other teams
- Working to defined time-scales as part of a high-performing team
- Attend regular training courses to keep up to date with the latest developments in the sector
- Ensure Health & safety is adhered to at all times
- Previous experience designing and installing Cat5e/Cat6 ethernet networks including trunking and patching.
- A good understanding of IP networking including DHCP, DNS, VPN, VLAN,
Switches and Subnets
- Experience configuring, installing and troubleshooting routers and wireless Access points
- A Good understanding Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Full valid UK Driving License
- Excellent Time Management skills
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of IP telephony: SIP & Wireshark
- Draytek routers and Firewalls
- Broadband troubleshooting experience
- Use of remote access tools like Team Viewer, Remote Desktop Services, Any Desk
- Location: Home-based
- Type of role: permanent
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Benefits: include private healthcare and pension
- Reference: JRBT131120201125
- Contact: 020 148 3797/ [email protected]ftselect.com