Network Engineer, CCNP/CCIE level, Frankfurt (Contract)
We are recruiting for a contract bi-lingual (German & English) Network Engineer, at CCNP/CCIE level for a Global FinTech company to work in a global networks team to support circa 150 financial services companies: projects and BAU support. The company is in growth phase and has made a number of recent acquisitions. There are exciting projects in the pipeline such as SDWAN and there is the potential for this to develop into a global role.
We are looking for an energetic, client centric individual who will focus on providing excellent user service experience. The successful candidate will be a part of a 24/7 global network team and will be responsible for providing quick resolution to client’s issues.
This position is responsible for providing technical guidance and support ensuring customer satisfaction and resolution. Act as the technical advocate, while possessing strong organizational and communication skills. Provide uninterrupted service and incident/problem/project management.
• Cisco IOS, Nexus
• HP Aruba switches,
• Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Juniper Firewalls
• Citrix NetScaler Load balancers
• IPSec VPNs
• Requirements gathering in a client facing capacity.
• Provide technical guidance to engineering support group for infrastructures.
• Use strong trouble-shooting skills, advanced diagnostic tools and experience to resolve and restore service in a timely and efficient manner.
• Prioritising working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
• Assist in pinpointing network deficiencies: routing, switching, security and load balancing.
• Install, configure, maintain, proactively monitor, and repair all network equipment.
• Responsible for monitoring setup and audit to make sure all device KPIs are added to monitoring and have proper alerting profiles enabled.
• Proactive review for all system events and logs, identify trends and potential problems.
• Support all services and systems for maximum reliability, provide corrective maintenance direction as required.
• Investigation and root cause analysis for major outages
• Work with vendors to resolve issues.
• Document issues and resolutions steps, by creating and/or contributing technical content for enhancing procedures and policy documents for functions within the global network function.
• Assist in trouble ticket and technical escalation path forward and resolution.
• Responsible for working with customers on troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating technical issues.
• Work with field technicians in the clearing of troubles and/or network outages
• Act as escalation point
• CCNP or higher (Ideally CCIE)
• Cisco/Switch/Firewall router configuration, ACLs, port/VLAN configuration, VPN, routing protocols and MPLS
• IOS patch management and recommendation
• Troubleshooting complex switch/route issues
• Understanding application layer and dependencies on core network infrastructure
• Knowledge of latest Cisco technologies, including Cisco Nexus.
• Troubleshooting application issues
• Configuration and proactive administration of Cisco network infrastructure
• Strong Firewalls knowledge & experience with vendors such as: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Fortinet, Juniper
• Load balancing techniques
• Disaster Recovery best practices and testing
• Experience of SWIFT would be a ‘nice to have’
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
• Bi-lingual, German & English
• Customer service skills
• Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to focus on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Posted date :