A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Linux/Automation Consultant in our client’s dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice.
Our client is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and Public Sector organisations to source, transform and manage their technology infrastructure, to deliver digital transformation. In the current difficult market our client’s financial results have been strong, they are in growth mode and 2021 is proving to be a year of continued progress for them. They are a people-centric company and invest in their people through continued training and certification. The culture is a ‘can do’ one and provides great opportunity for career progression.
Our clients are building on their heritage of enterprise datacentre transformation services and become a leading EMEA partner for Red Hat.
This role will be part of a Practice, within the UK Professional Services function, supporting the business in either project or consultancy led engagements. The successful candidate will be a SME in the field of Linux/Automation and DevOps, containers and cloud native technologies.
The primary function of this role is to be the technical delivery of solutions for clients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for engaging with solution stakeholders, to consult and help achieve enterprise adoption of a new patching and reporting solution based on Ansible, across Red Hat Opensource stack of products. The role requires an individual who can work well within the consulting teams and has a proven track record in delivering Linux and Ansible solutions. You will need to have experience in automation of solutions and have a passion for opensource technologies.
● Consult and advise on complex enterprise RHEL/Satellite/OpenShift solutions, across Hybrid and Multi-Cloud provider infrastructures and services
● Work with Solutions Architects and Infrastructure engineers to design and accelerate customer adoption of patching solution
● Provide hands-on creation and support in implementing patching RHEL Linux solutions and proving application build pipeline automation for processes
● Prepare, attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
● Provide qualification of solutions approach and produce engagement documentation for internal and external consumption.
● Define solutions, technologies and standards to blueprint best practice within the technology tower.
● Implement solutions for customers consistently and with quality, using our client’s methodologies and processes.
● Produce high quality assignment documentation and assure with consistency and accuracy within a solution.
● Work as part of a team defining, designing, and implementing solutions for our customers.
● Attend customer meetings to present solutions from a technical and implementation approach.
● Highlight any technical risks that may impact the success of the solution for our client.
The Ideal Candidate
● Excellent Linux administration skills, ideally RHCE, RHCSA preferred, if a certification is cited then certificate numbers MUST be supplied
● Experience of working with Satellite essential, if a certification is cited then certificate number MUST be supplied
● Excellent skills with Ansible over at least two years, if a certification is cited then certificate number MUST be supplied. Use of Ansible for system state recording and update management would be advantageous
● A portfolio of Ansible code would be highly advantageous, this could be submitted by giving repository read access on GitHub, or supplying details to another hosting site
● A configuration management tool such as Puppet, Chef or Saltstack
● At least one scripting language such as Python, PowerShell, Bash etc.
● A distributed version control system such as Git.
● CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins
● Infrastructure as Code using tools such as Terraform
Red Hat Certified system administrator (RHCSA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)