Lead Pre-sales Architect – Data Engineering
We are looking for a Pre-Sales Architect with extensive experience of Data Processing, Data Visualisation and Data Governance, to help drive Data Engineering engagements with in-depth delivery capability of enterprise Data architectures and platform distribution software, traditional as well as cloud native capabilities across hyper scaler environments.
Our client is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and Public Sector organisations to source, transform and manage their technology infrastructure, to deliver digital transformation. In the current difficult market our client’s financial results have been strong, they are in growth mode and 2021 is proving to be a year of continued progress for them. They are a people-centric company and invest in their people through continued training and certification. The culture is a ‘can do’ one and provides great opportunity for career progression.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Presales Architect with Data Engineering experience to join our client’s dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice. The role can be based from any of their UK offices and will involve regular UK wide travel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving “Big Data and Analytics” conversations with expertise, articulate data driven messages and opinion.
• Work with line of business in relation to the creation and promotion of data focused customer propositions.
• Technical point of contact in pre-sales and design of Data and Analytics solutions on premises and within the cloud.
• Technical ownership of design and delivery of solutions
• Working closely with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure you understand their requirements, and drive solutions to meet their needs.
• Oversee discovery and assessment tasks to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
• Technical governance for quality of technical deliverables.
• Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
• Provide technical assurance as requested, for internal and external customers
• Work as part of a team on larger solutions
• Strong written skills with the ability to write concise and clear pre-sales and design documentation
The Ideal Candidate
• 3+ years’ experience of data & analytics pre-sales and design with a background of delivery and implementation related work around cloud and Data platforms
• In depth knowledge of Cloud analytics IaaS and PaaS offerings across several cloud platforms.
• Comfortable with presenting to internal and external audiences.
• An ability to discuss and define the most appropriate data platform based on customer requirements.
• Design experience in enterprise environments following best practices
• Strong experience in traditional Hadoop ecosystems as well as native cloud capabilities
• Experience in data security and compliance
• Experience in pipeline creation and data curation within an enterprise environment
Understanding/Experience in the following technical areas:
• Data Processing: AWS EMR, Azure HDInsight, GCP DataProc
• Data Visualisation: AWS QuickSight, Microsoft Power BI, GCP Looker
• Data Governance: AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, GCP Data Fusion, Informatica, Cloudera
• Real time/streaming Analytics: AWS Kinesis, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Databricks, GCP Dataflow
• GPU based Services: Nvidia/ Intel
Posted date :
Up to £100,000