Junior Customer Support and Installation Engineer based Merseyside
Junior Customer Support and Installation Engineer based Merseyside. Commutable from Merseyside, The Wirral, North Wales, Cheshire.
Junior Customer Support and Installation Engineer required for a Merseyside based leading Maritime Specialist Technology Company. Their customer base is wide and varied and will require frequent nationwide and global travel. They have built a longstanding reputation as a trusted supplier of Vessel Tracking Systems, Port Management Systems and Coastal Surveillance Systems, testing products through technological innovation and service excellence.
Due to business growth our Maritime Specialist client is recruiting for a Junior Customer Support and Installation Engineer. The successful candidate will work as part of a team of engineers installing/maintaining systems on site and providing remote support to customers from the office. This will include radar, communication and IT equipment installs and testing.
The role would be ideal for a graduate who has had some work experience and wants to use their qualifications in IT, Communications, electronics or electrical installation.
An appetite for frequent travel abroad is an important part of the role.
• Driving Licence.
• Ability to travel nationwide and globally when required.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to liaise and work with sub-contractors as required.
• Ability to work at height. (Training and PPE will be provided).
• Self-motivated with a good work ethic.
• Ability to work both, as an individual and as part of a team is essential.
• Work within a support team providing remote support to customers sites.
• GCSE’s / A Levels / BTEC / HNC / HND / Degree or related professional qualifications will all be considered.
• Ongoing technical training will be provided for the right candidate.
• Work experience in IT/Communications/Electronics/Electrical Installation and Support Engineering fields or related subject will all be considered.
• Any experience with Linux would be helpful
• This role is available to College and University graduates.
You will have an
• Interest in working away on site remotely and abroad
• Interest in site installation including hardware and cabling installation.
• Interest in developing a career in maritime communications equipment.
When not working on site, you will be based in the Merseyside office.
This will involve such things as:
• Completing site visit reports,
• Preparing for upcoming visits
• Installations and assisting the support team in day to day support requests from our customer base.
Location: Commutable from: Liverpool, the Wirral, North Wales, Chester, Cheshire, Merseyside.
Role Type: Permanent
• Salary £20,000 - £25,000 depending upon experience
• Company Pension
• On Site parking
• 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays)
Contact: James Thompson: 020 8148 3797 [email protected]