IT Services/Digital Consultant - Barcelona
We are looking for a Barcelona based senior IT Services/Digital Management Consultant for our US based client, a technology-based consulting company in the energy and chemical industries. They have over 40 years’ experience in their business and have evolved into a leading digital transformation company. They bring a unique blend of digital technologies with a differentiated technical and management consulting capability. Their digital transformation solutions comprise leading software, expert services and best practices, powered by the cloud, to ensure process operations achieve transformational outcomes, resulting in streamlined business processes and increased profits.
This is a wide-ranging role and the ideal person will be capable of analysing and proposing solutions to clients across Europe in the area of overall management of real-time data. They will have experience with OSIsoft’s PI System and application of their product suite, specifically PI AF, or experience with industry/plant systems. They must also be capable of proposing or building prototype systems to demonstrate solutions. As well as delivering solutions this role will support the Sales team.
The focus for this position is Oil and Gas upstream, however candidates with the right skills but with experience in other industries will also be considered.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the implementation and support team.
• Analyse client operations and business processes to define scope of work and document and propose efficiencies.
• Propose solutions based around the PI System to solve problems, improve
• performance, and reduce costs for the customer.
• Design the system architecture, size the systems, help the customer estimate
• costs, and implement the solution.
• Provide a high degree of technical competency and knowledge to the project in
• accordance with OSIsoft standards and best practices.
• Complete implementation work/tasks for the project as assigned.
• Raise issues to Team Lead as appropriate to address quality/scope/schedule.
• Expert level of knowledge with the following OSIsoft applications:
• PI DataLink with Excel VBA;
• PI Server Administration;
• PI Vision.
• OPC Server knowledge
• Expert level of knowledge with OSIsoft PI Asset Framework:
• Identify requests for KBC SME interactions.
• Able to plan, organize and control work for self and
all direct reports on a multi project basis.
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Ability to supervise 1-4 junior resources.
• Ability to manage projects or programs.
• Ability to communicate directly with customer about complex technical issues,
• difficult project situations.
• Ability to advise, to consult, to defend his/her “point of view"
• Ability to work independently
• Ideally fluent in English and Spanish
Posted date :
Up to €75,000