Firewall Support Engineer- PCNSE and NSE4 accredited level or equivalent, Manchester, Glasgow or Home-base/flexible working
Firewall Support Engineer- PCNSE and NSE4 accredited level or equivalent, Manchester, Glasgow or Home-base/flexible working. We are recruiting for a Firewall Support Engineer with at least 5 years’ of commercial experience and of equal importance a thirst for knowledge and a demonstrable interest in personal development, for our client an innovative and fast-growing telecoms company who is at the forefront of modern communications.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity where you will be working in a broad and technically challenging role responsible for managing network/firewall requests, which will include delivering High Level to Low Level Designs and supporting changes to the network. In addition to this, a proactive service delivery of continuous improvement will be required. You will have the chance to develop your technical skills in all the latest technology area, formally and informally.
This is a hands-on role for an experienced Network engineer working at 3rd level technical support, able to work as part of expanding an existing team. The main aspects of the role will be to provide engineering and operational support of Customer network and firewall infrastructure. Suitable candidates will have a proven background in configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting complex network/firewall architectures.
The role will involve working closely with the Projects and Delivery Teams to ensure that Customer Project deliverables are efficiently deployed into operation.
Technical skills required:
Applicants will typically be PCNSE and NSE4 accredited or have demonstrable and relevant experience.
• Palo Alto – Hardware, VM and Panorama
• Fortinet/Fortigate – Hardware, VM, FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer
• Juniper – MX Series
• Cisco – Catalyst and ASRs
• Firewall: PANOS / FortiOS
• Routing: JUNOS / IOS (BGP, OSPF, BFD, VRRP, HSRP, 802.1q,Q-in-Q, PVST+/MST,
• Server: Linux / Python/Perl or other Scripting Languages
• Building, configuring, supporting and upgrading Palo Alto and Fortigate Firewalls.
• In depth, working knowledge of Palo Alto Features and Services:
• NGFW Features
• Global Protect
• Site to Site VPNs
• VSYS Management
• NAT, High Availability, Content-ID/User-ID, URL Filtering and Cloud Services.
• Routing Protocol Support
• In depth, working knowledge of Fortigate Features and Services:
• NGFW Features
• FortiClient and EMS
• FortiGuard and UTM
• VDOM/ADOM Management
• NAT, High Availability
• Routing Protocol Support
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
• To be expert and accountable for the delivery of design/change to Network/Firewall infrastructure
• Must be a self-starter, proactive, highly organized, and capable of working well with individuals at all levels in the organisation
• Good interpersonal, written, oral, and analytical skills, as well as being innovative and dedicated
• Working within a dedicated Team, provide 3rd line support to Network/firewall infrastructure
• Working Requests for Change and/or Design to existing infrastructure
• Involved in Design for changes to infrastructure
• Produce and deploy bespoke network/firewall solutions using a range of features and protocols
• Work with other departments to evaluate and provide technical appraisals of Hardware and Firmware upgrade paths linked to utilisation, features and EOL assets
• Consideration for capacity, monitoring, management and reporting on Network/Firewall utilisation
• Assess Vendor Advisory and Vulnerability notices and work with others to provide resolution
• A solid and working understanding of Network Protocols across both Juniper and Cisco networks
• Working practical knowledge of PCI compliance for security contracts.
Role Holder Key Attributes
• Highly IP literate
• Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
• Customer focused
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast moving and changeable environment
• Self-motivated and very flexible with a “can do” attitude
• Skilled in task prioritisation
• Strong understanding and knowledge of Network Standards, protocols, and best practices
• 3-5 years design/operational experience (preferably within a SP environment).
Type of role: Permanent.
Location: Manchester or Glasgow or Home-based/flexible working
Salary: £45,000-£50,000 & 10% & training corporate benefits
Benefits: Pension scheme, life assurance, income protection, childcare vouchers and paid paternity leave, enhanced maternity / adoption payment and return to work bonus, numerous online discounts, eye care vouchers and Ride2Work scheme.
Contact: James Thompson: 020 8148 3797 [email protected]