Field Engineer, Various locations
Field Engineer for a leading Telecoms provider, Various locations
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Field Engineer to join a leading Telecoms provider, working full time on a permanent basis. The role will be Home based/visiting customer sites with occasional travel to their office.
Start date dependent upon satisfactory pre-employment checks
Ideal Locations: Scotland, North East, South East and South West.
About the Role
We have a reputation for the quality of service we provide to our Direct Customers and Channel Partners.
This quality of service is underpinned by the way our teams listen to our customers, gauge priority, take full ownership for an installation. The role of the Field Engineer will encompass the on-site installation of customer solutions, both typically at customer premises and data centre locations across the UK.
Your day will consist of assisting with the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of customer networking equipment at various locations across the UK, whilst providing out-of-hours and on call assistance to customers and where appropriate on-site support and replacement of hardware.
The performance, development and guidance of our Field Engineering teams are firmly at the heart of providing an excellent customer service which differentiates us from our competitors in the market.
- On-site installation of customer solutions both at a customer premises and in Data Centre locations across the UK for Voice and WAN/SDWAN Solutions
- Onsite structured cabling to support deployment of SDWAN and Voice handsets
- Site Audits and Wireless surveys/design
- Co-op diagnostics from remote customer sites to assist with resolving complex faults.
- Provide Out of Hours on-call assistance to customers, and where appropriate, provide on-site support and replacement of hardware.
- Maintain accurate records of the equipment, including its configurations, in an asset database, performing regular reviews and audits of the existing records.
- Perform technical support and collate further information where required to pass onto Senior stakeholders.
- Manage work threads to SLA, working alongside other teams (both internal and external) to exceed customer expectations.
- You will be an excellent team player with a proactive mindset, with a passion for working together as a team to achieve goals.
- You will thrive in an environment where you are trusted to be work smart and work hard.
- You will have hands-on experience of implementation and support of various software and hardware peripherals, such as UCaaS, router, switches and firewalls to name a few.
- You will have hand on experience of installation and configuration of UCaaS solutions.
- You will have experience in structured cabling and wireless surveys
- You’ll have an outgoing and welcoming personality, able to adapt to differing customer groups at ease, taking pride in providing a first-class customer experience at all times.
- You’ll have a passion for delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations.
What skills are most desirable to us?
- Configuration and deployment/Installation of Horizon.
- You’ll have previous experience of technical support for Cisco, Polycom or Yealink devices for example
- You’ll have previous experience knowledge of Meraki deployment (SDWAN)
- You’ll have experience in performing structured cabling
- You’ll have experience in performing Wireless Surveys/design
- Installation of Cisco CPE
Type of Job: Permanent
Salary: Up to £31,000 + Company Car + Bonus 10%
Location: Field based
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Childcare vouchers and paid paternity leave
- Enhanced maternity / adoption payment and return to work bonus
- Numerous online discounts
- Eye care vouchers
- Ride2Work scheme
Contact: James Thompson: [email protected]
Ref: 20122002FEJRBTeld Engi