F5 Load Balancing Engineer
F5 Load Balancing Engineer required for a contract, working in a high availability financial services environment.
You will have a strong networking background: routing, switching, network security with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in an operational support capacity, ideally in financial services. Candidates will also have specific experience of configuring F5 Load Balancers.
You will be working in a Cisco ACI/Software Defined Networking environment, on a project to address the end of life of the Load balancer estate. The role is to migrate the Load balancer estate from Cisco ACE and Radware to F5 as well as providing some configuration support for some of the other projects which are running currently.
- Configuration of F5 Load Balancers
- Identification of root cause and resolution of problem for service affecting issues within agreed approaches.
- To contribute in resolving recurring operational tasks on the network F5 infrastructure.
- To proactively interface into other IT operating area to influence the architectural direction of Network F5 Infrastructure ensuring the solutions delivered provide a stable cost effective service.
- Identifying shortcomings, then suggesting and implementing improvements to existing business practices, while developing and delivering projects or a workstream within the organisation's change management programme.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing highly complex equipment and systems for emergency repairs; applying expertise to lead major equipment re-builds and guides planned installation of complex systems.
- Uncovering emerging issues and identifying potential causes, related issues, key stakeholders and barriers.
- Recommending ways to improve support for operations by changing policies, processes, standards and practices.
- Developing and/or delivering a contingency plan for significant aspects of the risk management and/or control process.
- Identifying and evaluating complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs.
- A deep, demonstrable understanding of F5 infrastructure.
- A focus on service within the IT operating model.
- A broad understanding of IT Network infrastructure technologies.
- A broad understanding of Network Security and Firewalls
- Proven track record of managing stakeholders in a way that enables the business to gain maximum value.
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of implementations which create value for the business.
Start date: January 2021
Length of contract: 3 months +
Rates: £350-400 per day, Inside IR35
Contact: Richard Thomas: 0208 1483769 or [email protected]
Posted date :
350-400 per day (Inside IR35)