Pre-sales DevOps Solutions Architect
DevOps Solutions Architect required to operate in a Pre-Sales and trusted advisor capacity as an Infrastructure Architect for our client a leading IT services company whose customers are top 200 Blue-Chip organisations. You will be working with thought leaders in IT Infrastructure and influencing CTO strategies.
This is client focused role where you will shape customer pre-sales opportunities and articulate business and technical strategy to customers and internal clients in the areas of DevOps methodologies and tooling incorporating container and cloud native technologies. Currently working as an Infrastructure Solutions Architect, you will be adept in designing and assuring complex solutions to corporate or public sector organisations.
Demonstrable commercial engagement experience is required in the following:
- Methodologies: DevOps, DevSecOps, NoOps, FinOps.
- DevOps Tooling (Automation, Orchestration, CI/CD, Testing.
- Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, OpenStack)
- Container native technologies and ecosystem (Runtimes, orchestrators, CNI, CSI)
Technical knowledge and skills required:
- Ansible, Docker
- Kubernetes or a related distribution, such as Red Hat OpenShift, EKS, AKS, GKE
- Version control with Git and experience with an associated platform (e.g. Github, Gitlab, BitBucket)
- A Linux distribution such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SuSE or Ubuntu
- CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, Spinnaker, CircleCI, Drone, Tekton, Azure Pipelines, AWS CodePipeline, Google Cloud Build or similar
You will be responsible for influencing and shaping DevOps solutions during pre-sales engagements. To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a highly technical individual with solid hands on capability as a Technical Designer, Solution Lead or Architect with the ability to transform and enhance client vision and outcomes into a winning solution.
- Provide qualification of solutions approach and produce engagement documentation for internal and external consumption
- Provide thought leadership for, peers, the Practice, internal clients, our customers and partners
- Provide opportunity-specific Technical Assurance, Quality Assurance, Governance & Customer
- Satisfaction of pre and post sales consultancy engagements
- Responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing Consultancy delivery capability for a specific technical portfolio
- Host customer meetings to understand and articulate technical strategy and business impact for the company and customer
- Maintain an active and engaged technical community across the whole Practice in support of relevant area of expertise
- Maintain a high level of industry awareness through training and self-development, provide both market and technical evaluation of emerging technologies
- Has defined authority and accountability for actions and decisions within a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects
- Establishes organisational objectives and assigns responsibilities
- Initiates influential relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners at senior management level, including industry leaders
- Makes decisions which impact the work of employing organisations, achievement of organisational objectives and financial performance
- Has a broad business understanding and deep understanding of own specialism(s)
- Performs highly complex work activities covering technical, financial and quality aspects
- Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or management principles
- Is fully familiar with recognised industry bodies of knowledge both generic and specific
- Actively seeks out new knowledge for own personal development and the mentoring or coaching of others
- Develops a wider breadth of knowledge across the industry or business. Applies knowledge to help to define the standards which others will apply
- Demonstrates clear leadership. Communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Understands and communicates industry developments, and the role and impact of technology in the employing organisation
- Promotes compliance with relevant legislation and the need for services, products and working practices to provide equal access and equal opportunity to people with diverse abilities
- Takes the initiative to keep both own and colleagues' skills up to date
- Takes a leading role in promoting security throughout own area of responsibilities and collectively in the organisations
- Experience of successfully operating in the pre-sale’s environment in a Service or Consultancy organisation.
- Leading on the technology solution for RFI, RFP or bid responses delivering creative, engaging bid collateral
- Solution design or enterprise architecture expertise delivering large scale technology projects
- Proven experience of leading technically complex projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle
- Proven experience in Digital Transformation, Enterprise Application Integration solutions, COTS based applications and bespoke application delivery
- Evidence of championing or leading on innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - and be able to communicate effectively with Senior Management, Business Users and Technical staff
- You must be comfortable in client-facing events, presenting or supporting your colleagues
- Leading workshops or assessments for customers to present the Digital Power and DevOps value and strategy
- A strong influencer, with a wide range of styles, having ability to build good working relationships with delivery partners and all levels within the organisation
- You must be able to harness talent from across the Professional Services to generate solution collateral including reference architecture and high-level technology patterns & designs which prioritise customer value
- Your experience will enable you to tap in to your innate knowledge to rapidly qualify opportunities and to provide qualified sizing’s
- Whilst technology must be a passion, so should the desire to improve our services; contribution & ownership of standards and methods to build robust, repeatable, measurable practices will be central to this role
- Significant experience in positioning the business benefits of DevOps Solutions into SMC and Enterprise
- Work closely with our DevOps Solution Lead and Sales Specialist(s) so our clients understand the application and benefits of using DevOps practices to establish Cloud Native capabilities across multiple infrastructure platforms, and how our client’s services can help accelerate the delivery of these benefits
- Any major public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) certifications are a bonus
- Any DevOps or SRE related certifications are also a bonus
Type of position: Permanent
Location: Nationwide, UK Suitable if you live in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Birmingham, Staffordshire Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh.
Salary package: Up to £100,000 plus car allowance
Benefits include: Flexible home based working, 23 days holiday, increasing by 1 day for every year worked (to an additional 25 days), Private Medical Insurance, Health Care Plan, Pension, Personal MOT Health Assessment, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Accounts, Kids Pass, Additional Annual Leave Purchase, Tax Free Childcare and Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Travel Insurance, Gym Membership, Share Save, My Car, My Car Cash, Eye Care Plan and Long Service Awards.
Contact: Anne Rowan:[email protected] or 020 8148 3796 for a confidential discussion in the first instance.