Data Platform Pre-sales Architect
Data Platform Pre-sales Architect required to operate in a Pre-Sales and trusted advisor capacity as a Pre-sales Architect for our client a leading IT services company whose customers are top 200 Blue-Chip organisations.
This is client focused role where you will help drive Data platform modernisation engagements, with in-depth design and delivery capability of enterprise Data architectures and platform distribution software, traditional as well as cloud native capabilities across hyper scaler environments. You will be responsible for driving “Data Platform and Database” conversations with expertise, articulate data driven messages and opinion.
Technical knowledge and skills required:
- SQL to PaaS
- AWS RDS
- Azure SQL
- GCP SQL
- Data Warehouse
- Snowflake (priority)
- AWS Redshift
- Azure Synapse
- GCP BigQuery
- AWS DynamoDB
- Azure Cosmos DB
- GCP BigTable
- GCP Cloud Spanner
- Work with line of business in relation to the creation and promotion of data focused customer propositions.
- Technical point of contact in pre-sales and design of Data and database solutions on premises and within the cloud.
- Technical ownership of design and delivery of solutions
- Working closely with customers and internal stakeholders to ensure you understand their requirements, and drive solutions to meet their needs.
- Oversee discovery and assessment tasks, gathering data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Technical governance for quality of technical deliverables.
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Provide technical assurance as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other service and sales opportunities for our client
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Participate in training and conferences and maintain accreditations
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written skills, writes concise and clear pre-sales and design documentation
- 3+ years’ experience of database & data warehouse pre-sales and design with a background of delivery and implementation related work around cloud and Data platforms
- In depth knowledge of Cloud data centric IaaS and PaaS offerings across several cloud platforms.
- Comfortable with presenting to internal and external audiences.
- An ability to discuss and define the most appropriate data platform based on customer requirements.
- Design experience in enterprise environments following best practices
- Strong experience in traditional database ecosystems as well as native cloud capabilities
- Experience in data security and compliance
- Experience in data curation and migration within an enterprise environment
Type of position: Permanent
Location: Nationwide, UK Suitable if you live in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Birmingham, Staffordshire Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh.
Salary package: Up to £100,000 pa + Car Allowance - £6120
Benefits include: Flexible home based working, 23 days holiday, increasing by 1 day for every year worked (to an additional 25 days), Private Medical Insurance, Health Care Plan, Pension, Personal MOT Health Assessment, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Accounts, Kids Pass, Additional Annual Leave Purchase, Tax Free Childcare and Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Travel Insurance, Gym Membership, Share Save, My Car, My Car Cash, Eye Care Plan and Long Service Awards.
Contact: Anne Rowan:[email protected] or 020 8148 3796 for a confidential discussion in the first instance.