Data Platform Consultant
Data Platform Consultant required for our client a leading IT services company whose customers are top 200 Blue-Chip organisations, to help drive and deliver Data platform modernisation engagements, with in-depth delivery capability of enterprise Data architectures and platform distribution software, traditional as well as cloud native capabilities across hyper scaler environments.
You will be responsible for designing and delivering “Database and data warehouse” environments that meets our Customers business requirements within their overall IT strategy. The role will also involve staying at the forefront of new technologies and working within a UK practice of 260 consultants.
Technical knowledge and skills required:
- AWS DynamoDB
- Azure Cosmos DB
- GCP BigTable
- Snowflake (priority)
- AWS Redshift
- Azure Synapse
- GCP BigQuery
Understanding in the following areas are a nice to have;
SQL to PaaS
- AWS RDS
- Azure SQL
- GCP SQL
- GCP Cloud Spanner
- Technical point of contact in the delivery and design of Data platform solutions.
- Technical ownership of design and delivery of solutions
- Working closely with customers to ensure you understand their requirements, and implement solutions delivered to meet their needs.
- Undertake discovery and assessment tasks to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Provide technical assurance as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other service and sales opportunities for our client
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Participate in training and conferences and maintain accreditations
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written skills, writes concise and clear design and delivery documentation
- 2+ years of hands on design, delivery and implementation of enterprise Database and Data Warehouse platforms on premises and in the cloud
- Practical awareness of Cloud IaaS and PaaS data platform offerings and ability to discuss and define the most appropriate platform based on customer requirements
- Delivery and design experience in enterprise environments following best practices
- Strong proven SQL and NoSQL skills in enterprise environments
- Strong experience in traditional database ecosystems as well as native cloud capabilities
- Experience with data security & authentication methodologies relating to curation and migration of database platforms
- Hands on experience in installation, configuration, troubleshooting, testing and managing database platforms, on premises or in the cloud
- Desirable experience with Snowflake within the enterprise
- Existing technical certification within data focused technology or cloud provider
Type of position: Permanent
Location: Nationwide, UK Suitable if you live in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Birmingham, Staffordshire Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh.
Salary package: Up to £70,000 pa + Car Allowance - £4900
Benefits include: Flexible home based working, 23 days holiday, increasing by 1 day for every year worked (to an additional 25 days), Private Medical Insurance, Health Care Plan, Pension, Personal MOT Health Assessment, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Accounts, Kids Pass, Additional Annual Leave Purchase, Tax Free Childcare and Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Travel Insurance, Gym Membership, Share Save, My Car, My Car Cash, Eye Care Plan and Long Service Awards.
Contact: Anne Rowan:[email protected] or 020 8148 3796 for a confidential discussion in the first instance.
Posted date :
Up to £70,000