Data Engineer Consultant
Our client a leading IT services company whose customers are top 200 Blue-Chip organisations, are looking for a consultant to help drive and deliver Data Engineering engagements, with in-depth delivery capability of enterprise Data architectures and platform distribution software, traditional as well as cloud native capabilities across hyper scaler environments.
You will be responsible for designing and delivering “Data and Analytics” environments that meets our clients business requirements within their overall IT strategy. The role will also involve staying at the forefront of new technologies, working within a UK practice of 260 consultants.
Technical knowledge and skills required:
- Data Processing
- Data Visualisation
Microsoft Power BI
- Data Governance
Azure Data Factory
- GPU based Services
Understanding in the following areas are a nice to have;
- Data Governance
GCP Data Fusion
- Real time/streaming Analytics
Azure Stream Analytics
- Technical point of contact in the delivery and design of Data and Analytics solutions.
- Technical ownership of design and delivery of solutions
- Working closely with customers to ensure you understand their requirements, and implement solutions delivered to meet their needs.
- Undertake discovery and assessment tasks to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Provide technical assurance as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other service and sales opportunities for our client
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Participate in training and conferences and maintain accreditations
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written skills, writes concise and clear design and delivery documentation
- 2+ years of hands on design, delivery and implementation of enterprise Data & analytic platforms
- Awareness of Cloud analytics IaaS and PaaS offerings and ability to discuss and define the most appropriate platform based on customer requirements
- Delivery and design experience in enterprise environments following best practices
- Strong proven Linux operating system skills in enterprise environments
- Strong experience in traditional Hadoop ecosystems as well as native cloud capabilities
- Experience with data security & authentication methodologies relating to ETL and curation
- Hands on experience in installation, configuration, troubleshooting, testing and managing data platforms, on premises or in the cloud.
- Desirable experience with data visualisation tools and methodologies.
- Existing technical certification within data focused technology or cloud provider.
Location: Nationwide, UK Suitable if you live in London, Surrey, Berkshire, Hampshire, Sussex, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Birmingham, Staffordshire Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Shropshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh.
Salary package: Up to £70,000 pa + Car Allowance - £4900
Benefits include: Flexible home based working, 23 days holiday, increasing by 1 day for every year worked (to an additional 25 days), Private Medical Insurance, Health Care Plan, Pension, Personal MOT Health Assessment, Dental Insurance, Critical Illness, Life Assurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Accounts, Kids Pass, Additional Annual Leave Purchase, Tax Free Childcare and Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work, Travel Insurance, Gym Membership, Share Save, My Car, My Car Cash, Eye Care Plan and Long Service Awards.