CCNP/CCIE Cisco Network Engineers- Data Center migration. Home-based
Cisco partner client has a requirement for CCNP/CCIE level engineers, home-based working with clients in the financial services sector. You will be working on a massive Data Center migration and there will be weekend work required. You will have at least 5 years’ Cisco networking experience with core 2nd/3rd line support experience, ideally with some design experience. It will be ESSENTIAL for you to have Data Center/Cisco Nexus skills. Our client is one of the leading Cisco ACI specialists you will have the opportunity to gain some hands on experience with ACI – the latest SDN/Data Center technology from Cisco.
You will be providing BAU support and implementation services in a professional high availability environment. You will need to possess strong personal communications skills, and good with clients.
CCNP accreditation (ideally) and experience of supporting Cisco routers and switches in a high availability environment is required. Generic network implementation/project work and standard network operations tasks with some out of hours’ work.
You will have core routing and switching skills and Data Center skills can be trained for the right engineer.
Core duties/skills/experience required:
- Assist in pre-implementation services scope & solutions design activities, supporting Project Management to develop defined statements of work and resource plans.
- Perform solutions delivery activities for customer success, through demonstrable technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Implements & configures solutions as per approved designs and implementation plans
- Test & commission solutions as per approved system acceptance test plans
- Train customer technical & operations personnel as required
- Identify opportunities for additional engagements & solutions: Develop & nurture strong relationships with customer and other teams. Provide sales account managers with lead opportunities through focused customer account knowledge
- Serves as Technical Resource: Identifies opportunities, locally and globally, for additional engagements, and for development of new services and solutions. Create and maintain project related documentation, ensuring that accurate information is always available to other staff. Build and maintain technical relationships with clients to maximize opportunities within those clients. Provide technical pre-sales support to the account teams when required. Attend user groups, technical training and seminars to increase knowledge in relevant area.
- Successful delivery of technical network integration solutions. Operational excellence as measured by adherence to internal process, accurate use of systems, including time recording, and the quality of input and output produced and customer feedback.
- Profitable growth by developing marketable and saleable consultancy services and intellectual property, measured by achievement against KPIs and financial targets.
- Contribute to a positive client relationship by demonstrating value-add technical activities, recommendations and willingness to work collaboratively with the client, and vendors.
- Develop knowledge in a specific technology area, to become a trusted advisor in that field
- Play a demonstrable role in identifying and winning incremental business
- Demonstrable communication and people skills, with an ability, capacity and skill to perceive access and manage the emotions of one’s self, of others, and of groups
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal, with an ability to explain complex concepts at all levels
- Proven track record in working with groups of people and the ability to educate, enthuse, coach and mentor
- An experienced Cisco CCNP/R&S or equivalent.
- Ability to design (high and low level design), implement and troubleshoot Cisco networking solutions
- Any experience of the following is useful too: Cisco Data Center Nexus, Cloud, Cisco ASA/PIX, Cisco Secure, ACS, Cisco ISE, Cisco IronPort, Checkpoint FW-1 and NG, Juniper Netscreen and SRX, Bluecoat and Fortinet security hardware/software products.
- Working knowledge of 802.1x, Proxy, IDS technologies
Location: Home- based
Type of position: Contract
Contract professional day rate: £450-£485 per
Start date: April 2020
Length of contract: 9 months +
Contact: Juliet Maguire: [email protected] 020 8148 3798