Azure Principal Consultant
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Azure Principal Consultant in our client’s dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice.
Our client is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and Public Sector organisations to source, transform and manage their technology infrastructure, to deliver digital transformation. In the current difficult market our client’s financial results have been strong, they are in growth mode and 2021 is proving to be a year of continued progress for them. They are a people-centric company and invest in their people through continued training and certification. The culture is a ‘can do’ one and provides great opportunity for career progression.
As an Azure Principal Consultant you will deliver both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery engagements as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements. This role is UK based, and will involve travel to our client’s offices and their client sites.
This is a predominately client facing role and you will need proven skills in a customer facing position, designing and implementing multiple technologies to corporate or public sector organisations.
•You will be responsible for influencing and shaping Azure solutions during pre-sales engagements.
•You will provide qualification of solutions approach and produce engagement documentation for internal and external consumption
•You will define solutions, technologies and standards to blueprint best practice within the technology tower
•You will design and implement solutions for customers consistently and with quality, using our client’s methodologies and processes
•You will provide opportunity-specific Technical Assurance, Quality Assurance, Governance & Customer Satisfaction of pre and post sales consultancy engagements
•You will attend customer meetings to present solutions from a technical and implementation approach
•You will highlight any technical risks that may impact the success of the solution
Our client aligns their Consultancy roles to the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA). They expect a Principal Consultant to operate at SFIA level 3 & 4 (Apply & Enable).
• Exercises substantial personal responsibility, autonomy & a clear framework of accountability.
• Interacts with and influences colleagues and has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners.
• Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
• Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
• Fully understands the importance of security to own work and the operation of the organisation. Seeks specialist security knowledge or advice when required to support own work or work of immediate colleagues.
The candidate is familiar in the following base infrastructure concepts within Azure:
• Commercial experience of design and delivery of Azure Cloud solutions.
• Azure Architecture Review
• Azure Architecture (detailed level)
• Practical Azure implementation experience
• Impact of commercial options
• Automation/Tooling experience - Terraform /ARM)
• SME areas (AAD/Subscription/Logging etc)
• Azure Solution Architect – Associate
• 3+ years hands on experience of defining and implementing a DevOps practice
• 3+ years of experience with one or more of the following, CI/CD, automation and containerization technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, Redhat Openshift, terraform, etc