AWS Pre-sales Infrastructure Architect
We are looking for an AWS Pre-Sales Infrastructure Architect, with extensive pre-sales experience to join our client’s Consultancy Practice. You will be responsible for influencing and shaping our client’s AWS solutions during pre-sales engagements. To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a highly technical individual with solid hands-on capability as a Technical Designer, Solution Lead or Architect with the ability to transform and enhance client vision and outcomes into a winning solution.
Our client is a leading independent technology partner, trusted by large corporate and Public Sector organisations to source, transform and manage their technology infrastructure, to deliver digital transformation. In the current difficult market our client’s financial results have been strong, they are in growth mode and 2021 is proving to be a year of continued progress for them. They are a people-centric company and invest in their people through continued training and certification. The culture is a ‘can do’ one and provides great opportunity for career progression.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced AWS Presales Infrastructure Architect to join our client’s dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice. The role can be based from any of their UK offices and will involve regular UK wide travel.
• Provide qualification of solutions approach and produce engagement documentation for internal and external consumption
• Provide opportunity-specific Technical Assurance, Quality Assurance, Governance & Customer
Satisfaction of pre and post sales consultancy engagements
• Responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing Consultancy delivery capability for a specific technical portfolio and services
• Host customer meetings to understand and articulate technical strategy and business impact for the company and customer
• Maintain an active and engaged technical community across the whole Practice in support of relevant area of expertise
• Maintain a high level of industry awareness through training and self-development, provide both market and technical evaluation of emerging technologies
Our client aligns their Consultancy roles to the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) and expect an Infrastructure Architect to operate at SFIA level 6 (Initiate & Influence).
• Has a broad business understanding of AWS
• Experience of successfully operating in the pre-sale’s environment in a Service or Consultancy organisation.
• Leading on the technology solution for RFI, RFP or bid responses delivering creative, engaging bid collateral.
• Solution design or enterprise architecture expertise delivering large scale technology projects.
• Proven experience of leading technically complex projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle.
• Proven experience in Digital Transformation, Enterprise Application Integration solutions, COTS based applications and bespoke application delivery
• Certified AWS Solutions Architect – Professional Level
• Leading workshops or assessments for customers to present the joint Digital Power and AWS value and strategy.
• Significant experience in positioning the business benefits of AWS Cloud Solutions into SMC and Enterprise, Commercial understanding of partner usage incentives.
• Working closely with AWS Account Team to identity and utilise AWS MAP and other partner funded initiatives applicable to driving our customers cloud journey.
• Work closely with our client’s AWS Solution Lead and Sales Specialist(s) to help drive cloud migrations, envisioning, and optimisation services to capture margin, as well as provide savings to customers through pre-sales engagements.
• Google GCP Cloud Certifications or MS Azure is a bonus.
The candidate is familiar in the following base infrastructure concepts within AWS:
• AWS - IaaS, SaaS and PaaS & Products
• Must be proficient with AWS Well Architected Framework.
• Must be familiar with AWS DevOps, execute Agile methodology within the tool ·
• Must be proficient with Source Code Version Control tools such as Git ·
• Must be highly proficient in Terraform, Cloud Formation, Linux Scripting, Phyton, Ansible etc.
• Must be familiar with CI/CD pipelines and tooling.
• Must be familiar with DevOps change management and philosophy
• Must be highly proficient with API design and development
• Must understand Microservices architectural style and design principles · Domain-driven design