F5 Load Balancing Engineer
F5 Load Balancing Engineer contract, working in a high availability financial services environment.
You will have a strong networking background: routing, switching, network security with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of working in an operational support capacity, ideally in financial services. Candidates will also have specific experience of configuring F5 Load Balancers.
- Configuration of F5 Load Balancers
- Identification of root cause and resolution of problem for service affecting issues within agreed approaches.
- To contribute in resolving recurring operational tasks on the network F5 infrastructure.
- To proactively interface into other IT operating area to influence the architectural direction of Network F5 Infrastructure ensuring the solutions delivered provide a stable cost effective service.
- Identifying shortcomings, then suggesting and implementing improvements to existing business practices, while developing and delivering projects or a workstream within the organisation's change management programme.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing highly complex equipment and systems for emergency repairs; applying expertise to lead major equipment re-builds and guides planned installation of complex systems.
- Uncovering emerging issues and identifying potential causes, related issues, key stakeholders and barriers.
- Recommending ways to improve support for operations by changing policies, processes, standards and practices.
- Developing and/or delivering a contingency plan for significant aspects of the risk management and/or control process.
- Identifying and evaluating complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs.
- A deep, demonstrable understanding of F5 infrastructure.
- A focus on service within the IT operating model.
- A broad understanding of IT Network infrastructure technologies.
- A broad understanding of Network Security and Firewalls
- Proven track record of managing stakeholders in a way that enables the business to gain maximum value.
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of implementations which create value for the business.
Start date: July
Length of contract: 4 months
Rates: £350-400 per day
Contact: Richard Thomas: 0208 1483769 or [email protected]