Technical Service Centre Manager required for our client, a leading telecommunications company.
This is a hands-on, manager role reporting to the Head of Technical Services. The role involves overseeing the 2nd / 3rd Line Technical Support teams who support the company’s data product set (Ethernet, DSL, MPLS). This team is also responsible for providing 24/7 Managed Service support to a number of Enterprise customers.
The candidate will have experience of managing a technical support team and will be familiar with a broad range of telephony and data protocols (DSL, Ethernet, MPLS, SIP, and Hosted Telephony). They will have experience at engaging with Management across all operational support areas and will have been involved in the transition of new products, services and support functions into existing teams.
You will be a point of contact for escalations raised into the team and will be expected to assist with managing these through to resolution. The TSC Data Manager will also represent the team on Major Service Outage calls and will be expected to identify and drive service improvements relating to any MSO.
You will be required to provide input across a range of data products and will have a high degree of technical knowledge as well as the ability to articulate in a language understood by both Partners/Resellers and their Engineers.
- Responsible for 14 support engineers providing 2nd/3rd Line support.
- Produce customer incident reports when required (P1/P2 Incidents).
- Be responsible for the progress of all escalations including detailed root cause analysis upon resolution.
- To be able to liaise with Product/Engineering/Commercial including third party vendors in relation to data products
- Possess the ability to drive issues to resolution in order to meet customer service level agreements and customer expectations.
- Improve Engineering documentation to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Work with the TSC Data Team Leader to highlight and transition any issues of operational significance.
- Develop and implement service improvement measures.
- Represent the TSC Data team on any internal and external service reviews.
- Conduct Supplier Management analysis and highlight supplier performance to key stakeholders.
- Manage the recruitment process across the TSC Data team as and when required.
- Must be a self-starter, proactive, highly organized, and capable of working well with individuals at all levels in the organization. Will possess good interpersonal, written, oral, and analytical skills, as well as being innovative and dedicated.
- Experience of managing a Technical Support team, any experience of Data related services (Ethernet, MPLS, DSL) is beneficial.
- ITIL Foundation (v3) is desirable.
- Experience of managing escalations and major incidents.
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Childcare vouchers and paid paternity leave
- Enhanced maternity / adoption payment and return to work bonus
- Numerous online discounts
- Eye care vouchers
- Ride2Work scheme
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £36k – £40k + up to 10% bonus & company benefits.
Ref: 1020 Please contact Clare Curran – 0161 929 7628 or firstname.lastname@example.org