Radar and Telecommunications Customer Engineer – Merseyside
Radar and Telecommunications Customer Engineer role working for our client, a Merseyside based specialist Technology Company.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team of engineers installing/maintaining systems on site and providing remote support to customers from the office. On-site work includes the following:
· Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
· Install/test/commission systems.
· Install/test/commission radar equipment. Working at height is required.
· Install/test/commission VHF communication equipment.
· Install/test/commission AIS equipment.
· Install/test/commission IT equipment.
· Working with other contractors, taking a lead role where necessary.
Frequent travel is an important part of the role. When not working on site, engineers are based in our client’s facility on the Wirral. In-house work is generally split into three areas.
Project work: Involves planning and preparation in advance of on site
installation and maintenance.
Support work: Provision of telephone, email and remote log in support to customers and
agents in order to troubleshoot problems on existing systems. In-house fault diagnosis and repair of returned faulty equipment.
Production work: Involves system production and testing to engineering drawings. Production and testing of PC’s. Production and testing of equipment racks containing PC’s, switches, KVM’s, power distribution units and other 3rd party equipment as per the system specification.
The support team operates a telephone support rota system for 1st line support to customers, which the successful candidate will be part of.
The candidate needs to demonstrate: –
· Strong technical ability.
· A high degree of self- motivation.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
Location: Commutable from: Liverpool, the Wirral, North Wales, Chester, Cheshire, Merseyside.
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £30K
Please contact Juliet Maguire: 0161 929 7628 or Juliet.Maguire@ftselect.com