Project Manager – Software Development, Network/Architecture Engineering and telecoms. Manchester, Berkshire or City of London.
Project Manager required for leading telecoms company, could be based in Manchester, Berkshire or City of London. Key areas: fixed telephony, IP telephony, hosted phone systems, broadband, Ethernet and data connections, mobile services, security and unified communications solutions.
This is a high-profile role which will involve working with the senior leadership team to agree the content of the programme, the cross functional priorities within it, and manage delivery against expectations. A key aspect of this role is to accurately and concisely communicate the state of the programme to stakeholders, including project delivery scope, delivery dates and status.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years project management experience, with proven experience of delivering software projects on time and on budget. This will be complemented with a strong background in the telecoms industry working with developers and engineers on design, development and delivery projects. Desirable, but not essential, will be candidates who have experience and expertise in managing and operating a network.
- Manage and deliver a suite of software development projects sponsored by the Operational and Development directors.
- Facilitate the creation of potential projects through working with internal stakeholders to prepare scoping documents and project proposals. Ensure project requirements are clearly documented, understood and agreed before initiation.
- Leading feasibility and scoping exercises.
- Working with the project stakeholders to agree and document the project scope.
- Working with Programme Managers and Resource Managers to agree project schedule and resourcing in Development and Operational teams.
- Building and planning roadmaps, initiating new projects.
- Working with virtual teams to take ownership for delivery of a roadmap of projects end to end.
- Working closely with teams including other Product Managers, Software Development, Network Engineering and Operations.
- Forecasting and tracking project expenditure.
- Forecasting resource use for current and future projects.
- Managing project risks and issues and initiating appropriate mitigation actions.
- Tracking project tasks and actions to completion.
- Reporting progress against schedule.
- Independently assess the state of the project based on evidence and report the true state to senior management.
- Positively support the wider improvement of development and engineering delivery processes.
Type of Job: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 to £60,000 + 10 % bonus + corporate benefits
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Childcare vouchers and paid paternity leave
- Enhanced maternity / adoption payment and return to work bonus
- Numerous online discounts
- Eye care vouchers
- Ride2Work scheme
Contact: James Thompson: James.Thompson@ftselect.com