Network Solution Design Engineer – CCNP/CCDP level – Manchester
CCNP/CCDP level Network Solution Design Engineer required for our client, a leading telecommunications company.
The Network Solution Design Engineer role will involve a high level of interaction at a consultancy level with our internal engineering and pre-sales teams as well with customers and channel partners, providing a broad range of LAN/WAN and Data Centre solutions.
Specifically the successful candidate will be responsible for the low level design of customer solutions including the following products;
- MPLS product.
- Enterprise Voice and Data solutions.
- Connectivity services.
You will have experience of designing LAN/WAN solutions, preferably gained in an enterprise environment. Experience of dealing face to face with customers in a technical role (i.e. Consultant, Designer, and Senior Engineer) you will be confident & professional at both fielding customer discussions and presenting to technical audiences.
The role will also involve working closely with the projects and delivery teams to ensure that customer related projects are efficiently and seamlessly transitioned into the operational environment.
Ideally, candidates would be qualified to CCNP/CCDP.
Solution Design Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- To be the technical expert accountable for the customer solution design during the post-sales delivery phase of a customer solution, participating and possibly leading detailed design and integration meetings.
- To support the Pre-sales function with the understanding of requirements and design of solutions, in particular supporting non-standard requests and making recommendations, especially when a customer requirements are not a best fit for a standard service
- Responsibility to adapt the standard core services (which come out of Core Engineering) to bespoke customer requirements. It is expected that this would normally be by design changes on the CE only.
- Provide technical consultation for Pre-Sales, possibly attending customer pre-sales meeting to capture detail, provide technical solution and assist in winning business
- To be the conduit between the presales and post sales teams to ensure an approved customer design is transitioned into delivery (particularly when requests are bespoke).
- To test ‘managed’ CE equipment and software
- Define IP/VoIP, designs/test plans and execute.
- Deliver full solution documentation and carry out handover into the T1/T2 support areas.
Solution Design Engineer required technical skills:
- Vendor-specific experience in Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, FortiNET
- In-depth understanding of routing protocols, internal and external BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS & RIP.
- Familiar with common Internet protocols, e.g. SNMP, SMTP, ICMP
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls, Access Control Lists (ACLs)
- Detailed knowledge of core network routers and infrastructure
- Hands-on experience of IP / VOIP network design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Hands-on Cisco exposure backed up with a Cisco CCNP / CCDP or CCIE
- Detailed understanding of Layer2 and Layer3 MPLS VPNs from the Core to Customer Edge (P / PE / CE) including VRFs
- A strong background in configuring firewalls for both Corporate and ISP services, to include: VPN Client and Site2Site IPSec Policies, Advanced DPI Policies for Internet Traffic and Centralised / Virtual Firewall Policies for VPN Customers.
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of QoS (Traffic Shaping / Policing / Scheduling / Congestion Management and Avoidance). Specific experience with deploying QoS in a voice and / or converged environment would be advantageous (using both IPv4 and IPv6).
- Previous work on designing and delivering resilient solutions.
- Experience of delivering solutions on Cloud compute such as Azure/AWS.
- Working with Virtual Machines
- SDWAN experience would be beneficial
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Childcare vouchers and paid paternity leave
- Enhanced maternity / adoption payment and return to work bonus
- Numerous online discounts
- Eye care vouchers
- Ride2Work scheme
- Paid time off for volunteering initiatives
- 25 days Leave, with option to buy/sell holiday days, plus English public holidays
Type of job: Permanent
Salary: £38-£45k (dependent upon experience)
Contact: James Thompson: 0161 929 7628 or James.Thompson@FTSelect.com \