Network Pre-Sales Solutions Architect, Hampshire or City of London based
Network Pre-Sales Solutions architect required to join a growing global team. You will have a proven background in a pre-sales environment designing Cisco Digital Infrastructure solutions including LAN, Wireless, WAN, Data Centre and Security technologies.
- Knowledge of Cisco portfolio and their business value including but
not limited to:
- Catalyst 9k, DNA Centre suite of products
- Cisco Enterprise Wireless Portfolio
- Cisco Identify Services Engine, Stealthwatch, Firepower
- Cisco Nexus 9k, ACI, UCS, HyperFlex
- Cisco Routing / SD-WAN (Viptela) portfolio
- Cisco Software Defined, Embedded Security and Network Automation concepts.
You’ll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than 28 000 employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies. You’ll be part of a team who’s passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work.
You’ll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of success.
A great opportunity for a Pre-Sales Architect to join an expanding team within a highly complex and proactive pre-sales environment. Based primarily in London and across the south of the UK, aligned to a handful of strategic accounts, you employ your business outcome and technical expertise in driving proactive pre-sales engagement, whilst ensuring continuity and architectural alignment with all solutions and opportunities across your aligned accounts.
What you’ll be doing
Use a Consultative-led approach to help clients understand their business requirements and map them to technical solutions.
· Act as the Design Authority for solutions proposed to ensure end-to-end completeness, quality and continuity.
· Awareness of all Services propositions and drive a Services-led sales discussion to ensure product sales have appropriate Professional Services and Managed Services attach.
· Manage all pre-sale aspects of solution design required to meet customer requirements including:
o Accurate requirements capture
o Hardware, software and architecture design
o Professional & Managed Services attach
o Bid responses, Customer Proposals, Statement of Works, Client meetings and Presentations
o Handover to delivery
o Win/Loss Reviews
· Provide client continuity post contract award to ensure the solution delivers against the proposition ‘vision’, maintain client trust and leveraging your trusted advisor relationships to expand the opportunity further.
· Account planning in conjunction with the sales team
What would make you a good fit for this role?
At least 5 years’ experience in IT Senior Pre-sales, Sales Specialist, Technical Solutions Business Development roles, or relative experience in driving large complex managed IT services opportunities, or infrastructure project opportunities.
· You will be comfortable working with clients of varying size and profile, from global majors to mid-size enterprise clients. Working up to a strategic level across different industries.
· Extensive experience in defining Proposals, Statements of Works, and the time, effort and skill sets associated with the project services defined within.
· Demonstrable experience in the articulation of propositions and capabilities, linking business requirements to technical requirements.
· Advanced understanding of sales principles and practices. Lengthy pre-sales experience and of working with a dynamic sales team.
· Demonstrated success of proactive sales or client engagement and influencing additional pull-through business.
· Success in attaching Managed Services to your solutions, and a working knowledge of ITIL.
· Ability to engage with a client consultatively.
Possess sound knowledge of Digital Infrastructure, market dynamics and developments.
· Possess good knowledge in the alignment of IT to business, the trends and best practices for IT and Digital Infrastructure solutions.
· Demonstrate excellent written and oral and presentation skills.
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills, communications and organisational skills.
· Project management or delivery methodology understanding (PRINCE2/PMBOK desirable)
· Currently hold, or willing to complete SC & DV Clearance checks where required.
· Valid UK Driving Licence and ability to travel is essential.
· You will have a proven background in a pre-sales environment designing Cisco Digital Infrastructure solutions including LAN, Wireless, WAN, Data Centre and Security technologies.
· Knowledge of Cisco portfolio and their business value including but not limited to:
o Catalyst 9k, DNA Centre suite of products
o Cisco Enterprise Wireless Portfolio
o Cisco Identify Services Engine, Stealthwatch, Firepower
o Cisco Nexus 9k, ACI, UCS, HyperFlex
o Cisco Routing / SD-WAN (Viptela) portfolio
o Cisco Software Defined, Embedded Security and Network Automation concepts.
· Ability to articulate and deliver packaged consulting services including:
o Vendor Consulting Services – e.g. Cisco Proof of Values, Lifecycle Advisor
· Hold appropriate Cisco qualifications
· Able to articulate advanced Digital Infrastructure concepts:
o Software Defined Networking
o Impact of Digitisation
o Embedded Security
o Machine Learning & AI
o Automation / DevOps / APIs
· Cisco Meraki
· Cisco Licensing models, Customer Success and Adoption programmes
· Hyper-scaler knowledge – AWS, Azure, GCP
· Experience with complimentary or competitive vendor solutions:
o Aruba, Juniper, Palo Alto, Check Point, Zscaler, VMware, Dell Technologies
Type of job: Permanent
Reference: RT 18720191023
Location: Hampshire or City of London based
Salary and package:
Salary is up to £75k, car allowance £7200 and the variable is 20% of base (split 60% bonus/40% commission)
• Paid Holiday Per Annum – 25 days
This increases to 26 days after 5 years services, 27 days after 10 years’ service and 28 days after 15 years’ service.
• Auto Enrolment into the Company pension scheme (Aviva) with a matched contribution of 2% of annual basic salary. Upon the successful completion of the probationary period, employees are eligible to receive a matched contribution of 4% of annual basic salary. This increases to 5% after 2 years’ continuous employment.
The employee can contribute more than the matched percentages from the business if they chose to, so the employee could contribute 10% and the company would continue to contribute 5% if the employee had more than 2 years’ service.
• Private Medical Insurance – provided by BUPA
• Life Insurance 4x Basic Salary, in case of death within service
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP), this is a free and confidential advice service
• Long Service Awards