IT Infrastructure/Data Centre Support Specialist – VMWare ESXi, 2nd/3rd line – Glasgow based.
VMWare ESXi / Windows 2012 / Linux / SQL Database / Cisco Networking / ASA Firewall / F5 / VPN Tunnelling / Sophos / Veeam Backup / WSUS / SAN / VSAN / ITIL
Solutions Support Specialist required for our client, a dynamic & fast-growing contact centre/UC systems integrator. You will have recent commercial experience in the following areas:
- VMWare (ESXi 5 & 6 preferred)
- Windows (2012)
- Linux (Redhat preferred)
- SQL Database
- Cisco Networking (Cisco ASA Firewalls, Routing & Switching)
- Veeam Backup
VMWare ESXi (VMWare VCP certification preferred) and 2nd/3rd line IT infrastructure/Data Centre support are the essential skills required for this varied and interesting support role. Network skills (routing, switching and firewall, ideally Cisco CCNA/CCNP level) are also required, together with Windows & Linux experience in a commercial managed services environment. This role includes support, build and installation.
You will be required to provide specialised infrastructure: installation, maintenance, support, and estate management to a diverse customer portfolio of complex multivendor contact centre technologies and business communications solutions.
This is a cross functional, dynamic role, working as part of team deploying and supporting a variety of Cloud and On-Premise solutions. The role is also required to influence both the design of the support services, and the technical design of the solutions.
You will primarily be responsible for fulfilling, delivering and developing an estate management and support function to prescribed standards (security, availability and capacity) for a number of hosted solutions, with Support delivered to a Tier 4 level across all ITIL support processes including Incident, Problem and Change Management.
This an excellent role that provides numerous opportunities for development, for the successful candidate, across a number of technical disciplines with scope for future learning and development in Multi-Channel Services and Software Defined Data Centres.
Performs 2nd, 3rd and 4th line technical support, performing analytical, problem solving, research and testing activities to resolve/fulfil requests at an expert level to meet resolution/workaround targets:
- Deploys and contributes to the design of hosted infrastructure, liaising with deployment leads and through own continual improvement initiatives to maintain and continually improve efficiency, cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Conducts communication with customer and colleagues professionally and courteously throughout support request fulfilment to meet targets
- Captures and analyses support requests from customers, colleagues and monitoring tools to accurately define, categorise and prioritise support requests
- Captures all activity as directed by process to measure departmental activity against operational targets
- Responsible for providing leadership in the management, transition, release, maintenance and support of hosted services, alongside contributing to the ongoing design of hosted offering.
- Documents, composes and executes highly complex major requests for change that may influence solution design to configure and implement changes on customer and internal systems to meet change deliverables
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in the set up and maintenance of a managed service data centre environments
- Previous exposure and solid capability in a 2nd/3rd line Support role within a demanding and customer focused environment
- Experience with UNIX/Linux system administration and support (RHEL preferred)
- VMware Vsphere virtualisation admin and support (ESXi 5 & 6 preferred)
- Windows Server Management (2012r2 & WSUS, Active Directory & Domain Controllers preferred)
- Cisco Networking administration and troubleshooting experience (Firewall, routers, and switches)
- Excellent understanding and awareness of Infrastructure and Telecommunications estate
- Good technical knowledge with previous support experience of database admin/maintenance
- Extensive experience in IT Infrastructure support preferably in managed service
- Understanding of implementing and managing security standards e.g. ISO 27001
- Analytical mind set with logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Good knowledge and understanding of ITIL specifically availability, capacity, problem, change and incident management processes
- Excellent spoken and written English: able to explain issues clearly and in detail to senior external and internal technical resources, and senior external and internal business stakeholders to board level
- BSc/MSc/PgDip in Computer Science or other technology related field
- Good Knowledge of Linux/Unix (preferably Red Hat/Centos), including administration tasks (cron scheduling, LVM, patching, package install, shell scripts etc.)
- Experience with support and operation of virtualisation (VMware VCP certification preferred)
- Experience with support and operation of databases (MCSA SQL)
- Experience with support and operation of SAN or VSAN in association with virtualisation
- Experience in support and operation of Server infrastructure (MCSA 2012)
- Data Network experience of switching, routing and ASAs (CCNA and working towards CCNP)
- Firewall Security (VPN Tunneling, NAT, ACL design/admin)
- Experience and/or exposure to contact centre technology e.g. Avaya System Manager, Communication Manager, Session Manager, Session Border Controllers
- Interest in emerging technologies and Software Defined Data Centres
Role Type: Permanent
Base location: Glasgow
Rate: £245-£255 per day
Contract length: 1 month
Please contact Richard Thomas: 0161 929 7628 or Richard.Thomas@FTSelect.com