We are recruiting on behalf of our client who provides infrastructure, technology and application support services to major clients across the public and private sector. They are looking for someone to play a key role in building the future of their organisation by helping to create a simplified and fully integrated organisation.
- Build a ‘One Team’ ethos that helps to create a new unified company across the new structure and create strong bonds across their three geographies based on the ‘Here For You’ promises
- ‘Own’ the set-up, standardisation and delivery of great services
- Lead by example, ‘set the tone’ and define the future direction for the function and its services
- Be the ‘Go To Person’ for advice and guidance on Information Security & Data Management.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across the organisation to ensure the function is aligned and integrated with the wider business and its processes
- Develop productive relationships with customers inside and outside the organisation.
- Be accountable for the delivery of the function’s performance within and across all geographies
- Challenge behaviours and performance when they fall short of acceptable levels.
- Strong values based, customer focussed approach to delivering a robust and efficient service
- Genuine interest in information security and passion for delivering high quality services to end customers
- Highly motivated and committed to delivering excellent customer service
- Personal integrity that builds trust and confidence in customers and colleagues
- Demonstrable track record of successfully delivering relevant services using best practise
- Confident and personable with strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organisation
- Listen, engage and discuss appropriately (consultative, not afraid to challenge)
- Proactive and collaborative approach to working with customers, colleagues and partners
- Able to build productive cross-functional relationships to successfully work with, and influence, individuals not directly managed.
- Senior Leadership Team and their Directors
- Partners to the Management Team (Finance, HR, Sales & Marketing)
- Colleagues across the division and the wider group, selected partners and suppliers.
- Responsible for defining, building and running the Information Security & Data Management function across all geographies with a focus on delivering excellent and efficient services
- Promote information security management activities
- Drive the simplification and standardisation of processes and tools used
- Ensure the function is properly aligned and integrated across division and the wider Group in order to positively contribute to the financial performance of all
- Provide strong leadership and direction in a matrix management structure to promote best practices in Information Security & Data Management across the new organisation to ensure successful delivery.
- Establish a clear and effective communications to the business around need to embed a culture of information security management
- Contribute to the development and embedding of pragmatic audit and risk management activities to drive a strategic process which reduces risk across the business, this can also include but not be limited to physical security audits
- develop a documented framework of ongoing activities that ensures a culture of information security is embedded, including account specific risk assessment and management processes across a number of industry verticals as well as internal customers.
- Establish and manage a rolling calendar of events that is used to ensure that information security management activities are clear, scheduled and addressed. This will include the defining, scoping and management of vulnerability scans, penetration test and IT Health Checks in general.
- Identify and manage appropriate key certifications such as ISO/IEC 27001, Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus, PCI:DSS, internal Assurance process and PSN Codes of Connection.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop a team of information security management staff
- Contribute to the development and embedding of pragmatic information security management audit activities to drive a strategic process which reduces risk and continually affirms the collective view on the maturity of information security across the business, including but not limited to, within data centre management teams and account delivery teams
- Promote the inclusion of information security & data management as a key element of presales, Project and Program processes, development and maintain robust templates and information catalogues to enable the more efficient inclusion in information security in the pre-sales process.
- Establish a single view and reporting process for maintaining employee’s security clearance details where such clearance is required post pre-employment checks
- Manage the collation and provisioning of DISO, critical asset, GDPR and information movement registers reports in line with agreed schedules.
- Work with peers to define and implement a robust information security incident management response process that can be easily and effectively adopted into the business and managed accounts.
- Evidence of significant experience of defining and delivering Information Security & Data Management services
- Demonstrable skills in understanding the Information Security & Data Management needs of organisations, designing and delivering them
- Demonstrate an understanding of the bigger picture of how Information Security & Data Management fits into the organisation and articulate how the function should align and integrate to positively contribute
- Demonstrable experience of building and managing a high performing team delivering great services, ideally across different geographies
- Able to evidence positive financial contribution to an organisation
Ability to, and experience of, providing input to organisational business and budget planning
- Good understanding of using management processes and tools to deliver business objectives
- Evidence of identifying and delivering on-going improvements
- Able to provide timely, accurate and relevant reporting that enables better business management
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to manage different priorities and deliver high quality outcomes under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable to quickly to changing priorities, highlighting any risks or issues
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Strong inter-personal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills (verbal, written & presentational)
- Proven experience of defining and delivering Information Security & Data Management services and leading teams in the delivery of same
- Able to evidence positive, ideally financial, benefits delivered/achieved from these services
- Demonstrable experience of building an Information Security & Data Management team, ideally across geographies
- Right to work in the UK.
Salary and Location
Up to £80,000 + benefits
The location for the role will be determined by the location of the ideal candidate. Our client has offices in London, Birmingham and Belfast.