Graduate Software Support Engineer – Manchester
Graduate Software Support Engineer required for our cutting edge Contact Centre Solutions client based in Manchester.
Our client wishes to recruit a Graduate Software Support Engineer with Linux & SQL scripting skills to work on their Service Desk. A working knowledge of Enterprise Workforce Management and VoIP, Dialler Management (Asterisk, PBX) would be advantageous.
For this role, excellent customer service skills are absolutely essential; the quality of communication to the customer must be second to none.
You will be a graduate with a good degree in IT and some work experience (this doesn’t have to be in an IT related role) looking to secure a permanent IT Support role.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Technical working understanding of PC & server hardware architecture (Linux & Windows) functionality to an administration level
- A working knowledge of MS SQL database structure and queries
- Solid and well developed problem management skills
- Solid and well developed customer care skills
- An awareness of telecommunications and networking architecture
- An awareness of Call Centre operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Linux knowledge
Desirable Skills & Requirements:
- VoIP, PBX, Dialler experience
- Technical working knowledge of one or more Enterprise Workforce Management software packages
- European language skills
You will be required to participate in the support shift rota, which will include some evening and weekend work
Travel to client locations, nationally and internationally, as needed, during the course of provision of technical support, is also a requirement.
Graduate Software Support Engineer key technologies:
Linux / Windows / MS SQL / PBX / Dialler / Telecommunications / VoIP / Unified Communications / Networking / Desktop / Infrastructure / Contact Centre / Service Desk / Software Support
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £18k – £22k + company benefits
Please contact Clare Curran – 0161 929 7628 or firstname.lastname@example.org