Graduate NOC Engineer – Manchester
Graduate NOC Engineer required for our client, a global provider of network services.
We are looking for exceptional and talented graduates to join our growing engineering team based in our HQ in Manchester.
You will be a graduate with a good degree in Networking and some work experience (this doesn’t have to be in a networking related role) looking to secure a permanent Graduate Network Engineer role.
You will have gained exposure to networking, data (Broadband, Ethernet) or voice (SIP, VoIP, IP Telephony) as part of your degree, and will have strong troubleshooting skills, a proactive approach to problem solving, and excellent customer service skills.
Experience in any of the below areas would be highly beneficial:
- TCP/IP stack
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols such as 802.1Q, OSPF and BGP
- Technical monitoring platforms such as SNMP and Netflow
- Practical experience of supporting and troubleshooting MPLS
- Any exposure to Juniper or Extreme networking equipment is desirable
The operations team are at the heart of what we do, dealing with our customers and suppliers on a day to day basis ensuring we exceed expectations across the board. You’ll be fully exposed to a full range of technologies; such as MPLS (LDP/RSVP), IGP (BGP/OSPF) and DWDM across a multitude of vendors. We’re looking for confident individuals who are happy to take ownership of faults from being reported to full resolution. You will be a key team player, willing to support others and assist wherever necessary to achieve team goals.
You will have strong analytical skills, being able to investigate faults to ensure quick and correct resolution whilst being developed by the engineering and architecture teams on a daily basis. You will have strong customer service skills, and able to handle tough situations when complex network issues arise. You will be able to manage customer communication in times of urgency and planned maintenances, supporting the customer journey through the company.
We can offer you strong development, regular technical 1-2-1s with senior engineers and exposure to a range of service provider network technologies.
- Be our customers direct point of contact, from initial query to final resolution. Providing excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Proactively manage and troubleshoot all customer issues – changes, faults and queries in line with business processes.
- Build up key customer relationships, develop an ongoing rapport and build trust in the company brand.
- Investigate technical faults up to skill level, requesting assistance from other technical engineers but taking full ownership of resolution.
- Escalate complex issues outside your team and to any third parties in a professional and timely manner ensuring incidents are kept within strict SLA timescales.
- Act as a central point and communication point between customers and other non-customer facing departments.
- Help ensure accurate and detailed information of the global company network in company systems. Helping to complete requested reports both internal and customer facing.
- Seek continuous improvement on both a personal and departmental operating process level.
- Strong customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships with customers and team members.
- Understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Basic understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols such as 802.1Q, OSPF and BGP.
- Basic understanding of IXP and Tier 1 providers.
- Desirable exposure to both Juniper and Extreme networking equipment.
- Able to accurately read log output and provide information in escalation cases for the engineering and architecture teams.
- Able to utilise technical monitoring platforms such as SNMP and Netflow, able to read traffic profiles and analyses a change in pattern.
- Flexible and positive attitude, happy to suggest change in an ever developing business.
- Looking to build a career in your field, with the assistance of the business to help you grow.
- Driving license would be highly desirable due to location of the office.
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary package.
- Private healthcare.
- Pension contributions.
- On-call allowance (after probationary period).
- Free snacks/drinks/fruit.
- 25 Days holiday (+bank holidays).
- 1 Extra day holiday for your birthday.
- Monthly 1-2-1s for personal development.
- Career progression.
Hours: Office: Monday to Friday shift basis (09:00 – 18:00 / 16:00 – 01:00)
On-call: Shared amongst NOC, on a rolling rota (approximately 1 week in 6)
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £18k – £22k + on call & company benefits
Please contact Clare Curran – 0161 929 7628 or firstname.lastname@example.org