3rd Line Support Engineer – Service Desk – Weblogic
3rd Line Support Engineer – Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Service Desk / 3rd line / ITIL / Oracle Weblogic / Oracle OSB / Oracle SOA / Oracle / SQL Server / Unix / SharePoint Enterprise 2013 / Windows OS / IIS / MS Office / LanDesk / Application Support / Supplier Management
3rd Line Support Engineer required for our client, a leading IT Outsourcer.
Our client is looking for a 3rd Line Application Support Engineer to join their onsite team at Barrow-in-Furness. The Applications team support a wide ranging number of applications across different technologies and so this role is ideal for candidates who are looking to progress a career within a technical environment.
The role does require SC clearance and so candidates must be willing to undergo necessary checks.
What you will be doing:
As an Application Support Engineer you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the applications that underpin the service we provide. The role will require technical expertise and the ability to problem-solve incidents and problems that arise with the applications in the portfolio. You will be well organised, with strong attention to detail with a willingness to learn old and new systems alike. Strong communication skills are essential, ensuring that stakeholders are well-informed and understand the impact of issues.
The role will require a flexible approach which will include a need to undertake some overtime and there is also a requirement to cover out of hours support. The standard hours of working will be 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
What we are looking for:
- Service, Customer and Client focused – excellent communication skills
- Familiar working within ITIL aligned-processes – Request, Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Experience of Supplier Management – communicating with hosting providers and software vendor support teams
- Use of Service Management tools such as LanDesk Service Desk
- Experience of Oracle Weblogic, Oracle OSB and Oracle SOA
- ITILv3 certification to at least foundation level an advantage
- LanDesk Service Desk
- Experience of Oracle and/or SQL Server databases
- Experience of Unix
- Experience of SharePoint Enterprise 2013
- General skills with all types of MS Windows Operating systems and IIS.
- Experience working with MS Office
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: £25 – £30K
Please contact Clare Curran – 0161 929 7628 or firstname.lastname@example.org